Hobby King

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

How do you rate your satisfactioin with HobbyKing's service?

Excellent
21%
Good
46%
Average
9%
Fair
9%
Poor
15%

Total votes : 181

Re: Hobby King (missing items update)

Postby ofer24 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:00 am

No doubt a deserving update...

I would like to update my previous posts (oozing with malcontent and rage):
The famous Joey from hobbyking support has finally answered my email in a pleasing manner.
After misplacing two items from two different orders of mine (8-ch receiver and battery cables), Joey has written the following email:
"...Thanks for your email.

After checking, confirmed the wire missing send to you. We will send the wire to you in order 20014XXXXX. Please check your account for updates. Thanks..."

I must mentioned that the email I sent was regarding the battery wires only for I have lost hope regarding the missing receiver. Yet after checking the order on my HK account I was surprised to see that the battery cables AND the receiver were sent to me!

Maybe they escalated my query to a more service oriented person (Joey maybe...) or maybe they were just tired of my emails, no matter the reason though, I think they did the right thing and now I am a happier customer who will probably make future orders.

I've gone on long enough.
Cheers.
ofer24

Re: Hobby King

Postby Ampair » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:44 pm

Well, Hobby King screwed up, looks like they are going to make a change.
I consider that when they selected Swiss Pos as a carrier they made an error. When the complaints began to pour in and they failed to act, they compounded the error to a reprehensible degree. Now they have "promised" to only offer Swiss Pos if a Li- Po greater than 3000mAH is involved. Yeah, right.
They have said before that the Swiss parcel executioners would only be involved if Li-Po batteries were involved, that was a crock. Swiss Pos was used with orders containing no Li-Po batteries, even when specifically requested to avoid Swiss Pos. Hobby King continued to bleat their "policy" while ignoring it in practise, why should we believe them this time?
If they wished to show a true desire to rectify things, they would drop Swiss Pos like a hot potato and sincerely apologise for ever using them. THEY ARE STILL USING SWISS POS ! ! Do they really have such a low goal for adequate service?
This seems to indicate that they have not grasped the idea that losing customers by infuriating them is not a sound business practise.
Perhaps the occasional Swiss Pos delivery that reaches it's destination has a sufficient "surprise factor" to blind Hobby King to the numerous failures to deliver, excessive delays, and damaged goods.
Perhaps Hobby King regard their job as done once the goods leave the warehouse? (Only a selfish customer regards the transaction as uncompleted until the ordered goods are undamaged in the hand after a reasonable transit time. Delayed and damaged goods are just the luck of the draw.)

Customers are punished when Swiss Pos is used. (Not all, just far too many.)
Hobby King are punished when Swiss Pos is used. (They lose customers.)
The offender, Swiss Pos, seem to be blissfully immune and arrogantly continue in their incompetent, inefficient, indifferent ways without let or stay.
Strange system Hobby King, but I am not going to patronise it if there is even a slight chance Swiss Pos will be used.
Ampair

Postby pwy » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:06 am

Hobby King must pay Swiss Post a bonus to get extra slow service ;-)
I'm getting a lot of parcels from Europe incl. Switzerland and so far parcels posted in Switzerland on a Monday have always reached me in Australia within the same week. The record for a (standard service) parcel was posted on Monday afternoon 5pm and arrived at my doorstep on Thursday morning 8am!
If you consider the 12h time difference that is roughly 48h from Switzerland to Aus. An excellent performance for standard (actually the cheapest available air) service.

But if I get a parcel from Hobby King via Swiss Post it looks completely different. It takes 1-2weeks to get to Switzerland and then another min of 2 weeks to Australia. It's very obvious that there is a huge difference. My suspicion is that Hobby King has a special agreement with Swiss post where Swiss post probably just fills up their containers with Hobby King stuff and if there happens to be no space left it just waits there for another day or two or three....
Hobby King probably makes good money with charging a lot for very cheap shipping...
The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!
pwy

Postby siang » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:24 pm

That's what I've always suspect. HobbyKing knows what is going on but choose to ignore the issue. It's a hit and missed thing atm, some will get it thru registered but some still get moved over to SwissPost. Your choice of postage dont matter anymore.

The problem is with HOBBY KING, not Swiss Post. That's the point everyone is missing. It's a deal they made with SwissPost that's so good that they even move some registered post item to SwissPost. I'm sure SP can deliver as fast as any courier post in the market.

Maybe if we start tarnishing their image on international forum, they may listen. No point going into HK forum. I'm sure they wont like their dirty linen to be expose to potiential customer.
siang

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:53 pm

pwy wrote:Hobby King must pay Swiss Post a bonus to get extra slow service ;-)
But if I get a parcel from Hobby King via Swiss Post it looks completely different. It takes 1-2weeks to get to Switzerland and then another min of 2 weeks to Australia. It's very obvious that there is a huge difference.

I think the reason that Australia and NZ get such *slow* service from SP is that they don't actually have a presence here.

That means they're almost certainly using the *slowest* (aka: cheapest) method of forwarding the packages to AU/NZ to save costs.

It all seems a moot point now that HK seem to have dropped SP altogether. No doubt the din of angry customers was hurting too much for them to ignore it.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby pwy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:44 am

Shipping to Australia and maybe NZ should improve with the opening of the HK warehouse in Sydney next week :)
The difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!
pwy

Postby Ampair » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:28 am

pwy wrote:Shipping to Australia and maybe NZ should improve with the opening of the HK warehouse in Sydney next week :)

For you Aussies - quite possibly, for those in NZ, shipping from Aus. is slower and dearer than from China (Swiss Post excepted). Add to that the likely higher prices from the Aus warehouse and it is just a lose - lose situation.
However, it has to be good for other suppliers who are picking up the business Hobby King have thrown away. Maybe these other suppliers are paying Swiss Post a royalty ;)
Ampair

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:51 am

Ampair is right!

What's more, I'm picking that the Aussies will get a bit of sticker-shock when they see the prices in the Aussie warehouse -- for a couple of reasons:

1. The Aussie warehouse prices will have to include the cost of shipping from HongKong and the overheads associated with running the Aussie operation -- that will hike the prices more than some are anticipating.

2. then the higher prices will have GST of an additional 10% added (which isn't included when purchasing direct from HongKong).

The compounded effect of these two factors may mean that a surprising amount of stuff is still cheaper to purchase directly from HongKong.

I'll be very interested to see how the warranty issues are handled too. To date, HK has relied heavily on the fact that in the case of most small/medium-priced items, it's just not worth the hassle of returning the product for replacement/refund. Now the cost of servicing the warranty will also have to be added to the cost of business in Australia -- further pushing the sticker-price up.

This warehouse will do *nothing* for Kiwis and I suspect that HK may not even have thought of the fact that Kiwis ought to get a different price to Aussies when purchasing from the AU warehouse because Kiwis don't have to pay the Aussie GST.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Ampair » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:48 am

RCModelReviews Said : "Ampair is right!"

This is a historic first, and I fervently wish the Dragon would believe that (instead of just sniggering). My parents would be so proud, and surprised.

Has Ripley been advised?
Ampair

Postby jaav » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:17 pm

No problems at for me..Postage is fast...Buy a hell of a lot of stuff.....Dont tell the missus.
jaav

PreviousNext

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)