GoodLuckBuy

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

Purchasing from GoodLuckBuy

Excellent
No votes
Good
100%
Average
No votes
Could be better
No votes
Never again
No votes

Total votes : 1

GoodLuckBuy

Postby mpthompson » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:12 pm

In my search for cheap RC stuff I came across http://www.goodluckbuy.com/. They look to have an almost identical business model as DealExtreme -- low direct prices with free shipping. The major difference with DX is that GoodLuckBuy has a much broader selection of RC related components including a handful of RTF planes. GoodLuckBuy does accept PayPal so hopefully that will give buyers some protection.

Their goofy name didn't give the warm fuzzies they were completely legit so I placed two test orders with GoodLuckBuy for some 2.0 mm banana plugs and a Lipo transmitter battery. Both items shipped in 12 and 8 days respectively to my California address without a problem. I choose not to get shipment tracking which would have cost $1.50 -- something DX does for free on items over $15. If their fulfillment and shipping was slower than DZ, it's only by a few days.

Where DX and GoodLuckBuy inventory overlaps, some items look to be up to 50% cheaper than DX and other looks to be up to 50% more. Kinda hit or miss. However, GoodLuckBuy offers a lot more selection for RC related items and the free shipping is very attractive.

Just thought I would pass my experience along. Everyone will have to exercise there own due diligence when dealing with direct exporters from China, but my initial experience has been good.
Last edited by mpthompson on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
mpthompson

Re: GoodLuckBuy

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Yes, I've already got some stuff in my GoodLuckBuy shopping cart. It will be interesting to see how well they perform.

The only downside I've noticed so far is the almost total absence of user-reviews on most products being sold there.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby ergocentric » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:23 pm

Just ordered something myself, for $1.50 more I got airmail registered
Items shipped from the Modern Window Building
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby ergocentric » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:30 pm

Aug 24: You sent a payment of $??.?? USD to chenqing (shenzhenhaoyun@126.com)

Aug 27: three days and no tracking number, that was $1.50 well spent (or they haven't shipped yet)

Aug 30:Dear Sir, Thanks for your mail.We're sorry for the delay.We will send it to you today,

Sept 02:The item (RB??????????HK) was posted on 2-Sep-2010 and is being processed for delivery to the addressee

Not bad, one week so far, HK Post usually gets it on the next flight and I live near the largest airport and the largest postal facility in Canadar (sic).

to
ergocentric

Postby ergocentric » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:20 pm

looks like early next week;
The item (RB888888888HK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 4-Sep-2010
ergocentric

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)