tamiya shop.co.nz

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

tamiya shop.co.nz

Postby AE25 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:43 am

anyone had any experience with these guys?
its a hongkong shop with nz address. prices are in nz dollars and seems to be good pricing.

http://www.tamiya-shop.co.nz/shop/-i-5.html
-Mark
warbird fan and old toyota's
AE25

Re: tamiya shop.co.nz

Postby Beej » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:54 am

G'day,

Sorry this is a bit late for your enquiry but I have just joined. The "Tamiya-shop.co.XX" seems like a scam because depending on your domain it gives a different web address (for me, it is tamiya-shop.com.au), all the same HK address, of course. Having said that, I ordered some Futaba 3050 (4) and 3010 (1) servos from them as well as a FASST 7 channel Rx (at a very good price). I was beginning to regret it since they were a bit slow to confirm my order having taken my money (Paypal), but after around two weeks the goods turned up, as advertised, and in perfect condition. If you google-around you will see that many people have the same experience - some a bit nervous since they take a little while to ship but ultimately happy with the service. Since, it's Paypal, there is some protection there so I will order from them again.

Hope that's helpful.

Beej
Beej

Re: tamiya shop.co.nz

Postby jpreou » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:42 am

I got an OS engine from there at a good price. As previously noted, was a little nervous placing the order, but decided to give it a crack considering the saving. All worked out well. Engine turned up very quickly indeed and all good.
jpreou

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)