Corona DSSS DIY module

Discussion on the reviews of 2.4GHz radios, modules and receivers that have appeared on RCModelReviews..com

Corona DSSS DIY module

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue May 04, 2010 4:54 am

This review is posted to the RCModelReviews YouTube Channel here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRQ0vAHxYDA

Comments, feedback and questions regarding this review can be posted to this topic
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: Corona DSSS DIY module

Postby coronarc.nz » Thu May 06, 2010 9:49 am

Only transmitter I have come across that has given me issues is the Futaba Attack 2ER (AM transmitter), a BIG thanks must go to Bruce for designing a little signal amplifier to make this work... it was a strange one, as the signal seemed quite strong until the DIY kit was installed - then the signal went all wonky!
(By the way, Jaycar did replace my Oscilloscope probe, with a better one too - which did fix some of the wonky signals!)

I am currently looking into a way to convert a Spectrum DX6i transmitter over to Corona using a Dimension engineering "anyvolt micro" step mode voltage regulator. Could be interesting since the DX6i only runs off 4 AA cells, and the DIY kit requires between 6-13V input...

Roger
coronarc.nz

Postby pushinoldrc » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:11 pm

I have installed this module in an older Futaba 6Xsuper that was originally 35Mhz. I am in the US, and cannot use 35Mhz anyway. I have had great luck with this module, and have not experienced any hits, fades, or brown outs due to the receiver, module, or any signal issues. I did loose a beautiful 8' Telemaster due to a faulty NiMh receiver battery. I like this system very much because of the better than Spektrum DSSS system, and because of the cost of the receivers. I purchased 8 receivers for $102 USD on an Ebay deal.
I like the method of transmittion in the FHSS system better, but until they become more cost effective, I will stick with my Corona systems.
Bryan
Landing is one aerobatic maneuver that MUST be perfected!
pushinoldrc

Postby jeffie8696 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:35 pm

Mine came with a bad module and HK lost my return. I have since ordered another since I can not see having a perfectly good (I hope) receiver laying around .
jeffie8696

Postby jeffie8696 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:43 pm

Its done!!! Cant wait to try it out.
jeffie8696

Return to 2.4GHz radios/modules/receivers