Turnigy 9x Firmware

Discussion on the reviews of 2.4GHz radios, modules and receivers that have appeared on RCModelReviews..com

Re: Turnigy 9x Firmware

Postby pldb64 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:29 am

This was the thread i was thinking of:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=1760&p=13439&hilit=ER9x#p13439
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Postby mpjf01 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:41 am

Thank you both for responding to my question. I have looked at the linked thread and also again at the ER9x forum. I downloaded and had a brief play with the Companion9x PC software - used to enable programming and simulation of transmitter firmware on a PC and for backing up and flashing the TX firmware.

It seems to me that there would be a considerable learning curve for me to understand how to program the TX the way I have already done with the Turnigy firmware. I would also need to learn how to download and install elements of firmware supplied by others/forums etc, and how to use the PC software. I haven't yet found a manual for this but I'm sure there would be one somewhere.

I'm afraid I'm still not sure what the realisable benefits for me might be as I haven't found anything that I need to do that can't be accomplished with the Turnigy firmware. I need to explore more I reckon.
mpjf01

Postby Keith » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm

I took that learning curve and this is where I am at...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxPrDz_KavM&feature=plcp
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby StrikeEagleIII » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Just as a follow up, I got the Smartie pants programmer and have been using er9X for a couple months now and so far it's been awesome--very much worth it. I haven't dabbled in telemetry stuff yet as I've been keeping busy with research at BYU (search youTube for "e-Vbat"...videos were posted by smorrismlbco. I have to admit it's pretty cool...)

P.S. I'm in in Utah, USA, although it would be fun to visit Auckland at some point.
StrikeEagleIII

Postby cynr100 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:30 pm

mpjf01 wrote: I'm afraid I'm still not sure what the realisable benefits for me might be as I haven't found anything that I need to do that can't be accomplished with the Turnigy firmware. I need to explore more I reckon.

Don't mean to overload you with info, some of us get excited when dealing with er9x :D , if your Tx is working within your requirements then there is no advantage in change.
Just remember that for a small outlay your Tx can be as good as if not better than a unit 5-6x the price. 8-)

Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby drg964 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:02 am

cynr100 wrote:
mpjf01 wrote: I'm afraid I'm still not sure what the realisable benefits for me might be as I haven't found anything that I need to do that can't be accomplished with the Turnigy firmware. I need to explore more I reckon.

Don't mean to overload you with info, some of us get excited when dealing with er9x :D , if your Tx is working within your requirements then there is no advantage in change.
Just remember that for a small outlay your Tx can be as good as if not better than a unit 5-6x the price. 8-)

:shock: Having just stumbled across this thread and am now having trouble containing myself in anticipation of the package arriving from HK. :geek:

So glad I took Bruce's advice in his reviews and went with the Turnigy 9x :mrgreen:
You can call me Al
drg964

Previous

Return to 2.4GHz radios/modules/receivers