Review: Turnigy 9X version 2 (FHSS).

Discussion on the reviews of 2.4GHz radios, modules and receivers that have appeared on RCModelReviews..com

Re: Review: Turnigy 9X version 2 (FHSS).

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:58 pm

The DJT won't work with the V8 unless the mode switches are set correctly:
Check the MODE switch is in the position for the V8.

Switch 1 Switch 2 Mode
OFF OFF Two-way Mode
OFF ON V8 Mode
ON OFF Not Defined
ON ON Firmware Upgrade

Turn the transmitter power on and check the LED status on the module. Normal operation on the
transmitter is indicated with the RED LED on and the GREEN LED flashing.
Then go through the binding process again
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby Wehutty » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:58 am

The major issue I'm finding with this radio is the annoying beeper thar kicks in as soon as the battery (LiPO or AA's) drop below 9 volts. Apparently, there is no way to disable this damned thing and it renders the radio very unpleasant to use! Apparently the unit puts out adequate signal strenght and functions down to a much lower voltage. Why this very annoying feature?
Wehutty

Postby cynr100 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:51 am

Wehutty wrote:The major issue I'm finding with this radio is the annoying beeper thar kicks in as soon as the battery (LiPO or AA's) drop below 9 volts. Apparently, there is no way to disable this damned thing and it renders the radio very unpleasant to use! Apparently the unit puts out adequate signal strenght and functions down to a much lower voltage. Why this very annoying feature?

Right on, its the stock firmware. Investigate changing to er9X firmware then you can adjust the alarm setting.
A long storey so start here as this is the newest:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2104

If you don't want to go through the learning and doing phase (it's a long hike and a little money ($40) but fun) the newer Turnigy 9xR has the er9X firmware installed.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby iflylilplanes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:44 am

I've been using the T9X V2 for almost 2 years now, and to tell you the truth, I can’t find anything wrong with it. The one thing that the T9X has missing though, but so does all the big name brands, is an analogue trim on the throttle, just on the throttle, I have always used the trim as an emergency cut out on models with IC engines. I don’t know if the throttle hold switch can be adjusted that last little bit and close the throttle the last millimetre to kill the engine or not, something to look up in the future.
By the way in the 2 years I have been using the T9X other members of my club have had transmission issues with their Spectrum, Hitec, Futaba and JR sets, I just keep flying with the original module, granted I don’t need or want telemetry at this time. I use 3 different receivers; the original 9 channel, the HK 6 channel and the HK 3 channel ground receiver, all have worked flawlessly.
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

Dead Stick Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
iflylilplanes

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:03 am

I don’t know if the throttle hold switch can be adjusted that last little bit and close the throttle the last millimetre to kill the engine or not, something to look up in the future.

If you use the ER9x software as advocated by young Cynr you can set up a throttle kill mix for any of the switches you like,my choice is the trainer switch because it's spring loaded.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby iflylilplanes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:42 am

I have been thinking of getting the the smartyparts board and flashing the ER9X firmware, maybe it's time, I have 4 IC models almost ready to fly, a 35 diesel powered 60" EIII, a 46 glow pattern ship, a 40 glow profile 3D and a 60 glow sports aerobatic model.
I hear good things about the ER9X firmware.
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

Dead Stick Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
iflylilplanes

Postby cynr100 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:07 am

BillGriffiths100 wrote:If you use the ER9x software as advocated by young Cynr you can set up a throttle kill mix for any of the switches you like,my choice is the trainer switch because it's spring loaded.

YOUNG...... :o ....YOUNG :roll: I can remember waiting for the Arnotts truck on Monday mornings at the corner shop, when he arrived I could buy a pound bag of broken biscuits for a penny.......Young :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have so much fun with the er9X sometimes I just play with it to see what will happen. I would not recommend using the trainer "flip switch" for throttle kill (450 heli experience......nasty). I use, can't remember the correct name but call it the back left toggle, toward is active (no throttle reaction) and away is inactive (throttle reaction) saaaved a few fingers at the field. This is something I apply to all my modelsThe er9X will allow you to use any switch/pot to be allocated for any operation, sometimes it is a little difficult for some of us "oldies" to comprehend the language of "writing mixer codes" but there is a great site for help http://www.er9x.com/forums I am sure that you could write an action that allows this toggle switch to fully close the throttle.
Endless opportunities with er9X and the Smartie boards w/backlight are now only US$35 with pp 8-)

Here's the kicker for you, you will now have 16 models not 8 with the 9X, I have 3 AXN versions coded depending on how I want to fly (aileronss only, flaperons, no rudder).

Cheers Dennis

PS Bill, you'll be pleased to know the heli is on hold (again), working on a HK Quad.... :lol: :lol: stay tuned :!:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:19 am

I can remember waiting for the Arnotts truck on Monday mornings at the corner shop, when he arrived I could buy a pound bag of broken biscuits for a penny..

Well there you are then, in my day it was a half penny!
Bill, you'll be pleased to know the heli is on hold (again)

It's not me who's pleased it's your Missus the patio furniture is on reprieve!
Mind you it could get chopped up four times as fast!

BillGriffiths100

Postby cynr100 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:22 pm

BillGriffiths100 wrote:Well there you are then, in my day it was a half penny!

Love it.... :lol: ...you make my day :D

Would it not have been called a "ha' penny" ;)
cynr100

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:52 am

Would it not have been called a "ha' penny"

unly buy thu uneukated
For the rest of the world who don't know what we're talking about see this grotty presentation it's so bad it's good:
http://www.arnotts.com.au/history.aspx

BillGriffiths100

Previous

Return to 2.4GHz radios/modules/receivers