Review: Turnigy 9X version 2 (FHSS).

Discussion on the reviews of 2.4GHz radios, modules and receivers that have appeared on RCModelReviews..com

Re: Review: Turnigy 9X version 2 (FHSS).

Postby DaveZ » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:29 am

I have (2) HK TR6A V2 receivers.

I connected three servos, the esc, and the bind plug. I power on my 9x with the bind button depressed. The LED on the RX goes solid almost instantly. I remove the bind plug and the sticks have no effect!

I tried this with both RXs and on two different craft--same result.

If something was wrong with the TX, wouldn't it fail to bind?

Any suggestions?

I want to fly!!!
DaveZ

Postby rogueqd » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:07 am

I found a youtube video of the bind procedure... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_-ruNd1FcU

Are you turning it all off again before testing? Try following the video instructions exactly and if it's still not working let us know.
rogueqd

Postby DaveZ » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:55 am

Thanks Rogue!

It actually worked and I made my maiden flight on this new plane.

Possibly I wasn't connected correctly, but is it true that you cannot initially bind an RX being powered through the ESC? I was getting a solid LED on the RX though.

It worked after I connected the battery directly to the RX. It may sound corny, but I was very excited when I I heard the tones from the ESC for the very first time.

Thanks for the quick reply to my post!
DaveZ

Postby Jay » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:55 am

I am new to remodel reviews and think my question should go in this forum. Anyhow here it is. I have a turnigy 9tx and have a turnigy 8rx, I have a led kit plugged into ch 8 on rx. I a need to switch on and off using the TX. How do I configure settings to allow a switch to turn channel 8 on and off. And help would be helpful.
Jay

Postby robster94gt » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Hey all,
I've got Turnigy 9x V2, and I want to use it to fly Parkzone BNF planes including the ultramicros. I just wanted to confirm what module will plug into the 9x and give me this ability, or if there are any modifications that are needed.
Thank You for your help.
Rob Rawlins
robster94gt

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:12 am

Although I haven't tested it, a JR-type Spektrum DSM2 module may work -- if you can find one.

The problem is that the antenna on the 9X is hardwired in so you can't easily put the Spektrum module in the back.

Better to buy the PNP version of a model (if they make one) and just throw an $8 HK 6-channel receiver in it instead.

Of course that's not practical for some of the really small BNF (like the Beast or the Vapor) I guess.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby J.Richert » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:24 am

Hi Folks:
Just got my Turnigy 9x the other day :lol:
Apart from doing the resistor fix mod, will I be able to connect my CX-CT6A transmitter as trainee to the 9x (trainer) with out any compatibility issues?
The CT-CX6A is 2.4GHz and PPM, so I have good hopes, but just wanted to check with the experienced before I go ahead. I have a scope if you suggest I check some stuff first.
Thanks for your help in advance.
John
J.Richert

Postby J.Richert » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:26 am

Hi Folks:
Just got my Turnigy 9x the other day :lol:
Apart from doing the resistor fix mod, will I be able to connect my CX-CT6A transmitter as trainee to the 9x (trainer) with out any compatibility issues?
The CT-CX6A is 2.4GHz and PPM, so I have good hopes, but just wanted to check with the experienced before I go ahead. I have a scope if you suggest I check some stuff first.
Thanks for your help in advance.
John
J.Richert

Postby rogueqd » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:15 am

The trainer port is just a 3.5mm audio plug. The PPM signal goes to the centre pin and ground to the outer. I'm 99% sure you can just plug it in and it will work.
Remember to enable the training settings on the 9x.
rogueqd

Postby Jay » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:43 am

Does anyone know using the turnigy 9x. I have currently the throttle cutting off switch controlling the on/ off switch for my light kit on ch. 8. I would like to use a different switch but cannot get to see to make them work? Ideas.?
Jay

PreviousNext

Return to 2.4GHz radios/modules/receivers