Turnigy 9X HELP NEEDED!!!

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: Turnigy 9X HELP NEEDED!!!

Postby entomophile » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:43 pm

Sorry I don't think you have found the problem...However there is a very low impedance between the central connection and the grounds that looks on a DC meter like a short. An ordinary meter will read it as a short as its less than an ohm.

Darn! Thanks for the info. I thought I was on to something. Guess it's back to the drawing board.
entomophile

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:11 pm

entomophile wrote:
Sorry I don't think you have found the problem...However there is a very low impedance between the central connection and the grounds that looks on a DC meter like a short. An ordinary meter will read it as a short as its less than an ohm.

Darn! Thanks for the info. I thought I was on to something. Guess it's back to the drawing board.

Try reading the program back from the main board and compare the file to the one that you programmed in.
If they match then the problems not in the programming if they don't match there it is! (Use the verify function).
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby entomophile » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:00 am

I was reviewing the settings on the TX and the encoding protocol is "PPM 8ch 300 usec". Does that sound right? The next line read "PPM FrLen 22.5 usec". There was no explanation in the manual about that line. Any idea what it means and if the setting is correct?
entomophile

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:52 am

PPM 8ch 300 usec is OK
the next setting in the row below should be pos if it was neg this might be a problem.
set it to neg than back to pos if there's an unseen problem that might clear it.
Did the original system work before you flashed it?
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby rogueqd » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:33 am

entomophile wrote:I was reviewing the settings on the TX and the encoding protocol is "PPM 8ch 300 usec". Does that sound right? The next line read "PPM FrLen 22.5 usec". There was no explanation in the manual about that line. Any idea what it means and if the setting is correct?

My er9x has those two settings at the same values as yours, so that's unlikely to be the problem (although I have the FrSky mod).
I'd say it's flashed properly by the fact that you have menus at all.

Have you got a second receiver you could try? Maybe that one's faulty?

I guess there's a possibility that er9x isn't compatible with the turnigy receivers. Try to find someone else with er9x but without a Tx/Rx mod, jut to confirm it's possible. Or reflash back to the original turnigy firmware if you saved it (I forgot to).

What model have you set up in er9x? Try a basic 4 channel one with nothing fancy and check if that works.

That's all I can think of for now. I hope something here helps you.
rogueqd

Postby entomophile » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:02 pm

I guess there's a possibility that er9x isn't compatible with the turnigy receivers.

I think er9x was specifically developed for the Turnigy receivers. Anyway, I have new FrSky TX/RX modules on the way. Hopefully that will solve my problems.
entomophile

Postby quarry44 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:46 pm

My mate uses er9x with turnigy rx's,and it works perfectly.Your problem has to be something else.
quarry44

Postby Keith » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Don't know if this will help but if you use a template like the simple 4 channel setup there is a problem... I did not read all of it but it puts all the settings in twice... You have to delete all the mixes before installing a template...
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby entomophile » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:37 pm

Looks like either the RX or the TX module was fried. I ordered FrSky DJT/V8FR-HV replacements and they work just fine. Thanks everyone for the help.
entomophile

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:39 pm

If the servo is moving wildly and the receiver light flashing then it's possible that your receiver battery or that servo is faulty.

It sounds as if the servo is pulling the receiver voltage down below the reboot voltage -- whereupon it stops moving so the voltage comes back up and starts the servo moving again -- lather, rinse repeat.

What power source are you using for the receiver?
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)