The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Re: The Suspected Frsky GUID Issue

Postby cheshireflyer » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:19 am

7sp wrote:L@@ks like we are on our own guys....I received a new email today from FrSky that basically says..

"we don't think it is a big problem"
"even DSM technoloy or DSSS technology all have such problem"
"we will not recall or not change anything"
"We will only warn you that it has such posibility"
"For the new frsky modules V 8 series ,we will give them all unique ID"

Does anyone know if this is true. Did they give the V8 one way module a unique ID ?

I have purchased two of these since the end of August and wonder if I have bought into the GUID problem.

Pete
cheshireflyer

Postby funtana » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:39 pm

[quote="cheshireflyer"]

I have purchased two of these since the end of August and wonder if I have bought into the GUID problem.

Hi cheshireflyer, my answer to that is what guid problem, there has been one case reported worldwide, this pales into insignificance when compared to the recalls and other issuses by major manufacturers, im'e personally pretty sure this system because of it's reliability and price has had a big impact on the sales of new equipment, im'e also of the opinion that there are certain posters on various forums worldwide who have a hidden agender on the subject of the frsky system, youv'e a lot more chance of being shot down by somebody switching on a 35 meg tx a few fields away than by somebody with the same frsky guid as you.
funtana

Postby 7sp » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:32 pm

cheshireflyer wrote:
7sp wrote:L@@ks like we are on our own guys....I received a new email today from FrSky that basically says..

Does anyone know if this is true. Did they give the V8 one way module a unique ID ?

Pete

Pete, To directly answer your question. It's never been confirmed as far as I know..

It's kind of like the question. You ask what size motor do you have in there and keep getting told, don't worry about the size of the motor just look how pretty and red it is.

BTW: Back in the real world, I'm still flying one first generation V8 for a small ALES bird to the edge of visibility with never a problem. Keeping in mind that I can count the max number of other Frsky fliers around at the same time on two fingers.

7SP, Mick
7sp

Postby petef » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Update on my progress to study electronics & then 'nail that GUID issue'.
I've been a bit delayed & I think that my timescale was perhaps a bit on the short side, however, the aplication papers for a 'Basic electronics Course' are now on my bench.... & so is my pen!

Pete.
petef

Postby karolh » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:24 pm

7sp wrote:
cheshireflyer wrote:

Pete

Just for the hell of it I sent Eva an e-mail some time ago requesting conformation on exactly this subject, that of giving a unique ID to the V8 series one way module, and to date there has been no response for her. But really I am not surprised as Frsky for the best part has stopped talking to us. Guess they have made a sufficient inroad into the marketplace.

Karol
karolh

Postby SteveM » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:14 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:Never underestimate the amount of time things like this take. I've been doing it for 40 years and I still tend to be optimistic (as many will have noticed). ;-)

However, my ZeroPlus logic analyzer is on the bench right now and so is the FrSky system.

-
Bruce,

I am still watching this with interest, as I have a few 1-ways in valued models.
-
Still no pbms, but was just wondering how far you progressed with this.
-
I guess with the rare periods of free time you have, combined with the favourable weather you are probably enjoying this time of year, you are spending this time cramming in some flying fun, (don't blame you), rather than being indoors staring at a logic analyser.
-
Anyhow....please let us know of any discoveries.
-
Belated Merry Xmas!!!
-
Steve (UK)
-
SteveM

Postby quarry44 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:58 pm

I believe this "non-issue" has been well and truly laid to rest.I have several Frsky installations,both 1- and 2- way,and none has ever shown the problem.As long as you remember to bind the tx in 1 way first,and then bind the rx in 2-way mode(this applies only to 2-way system,of course).
Happy new year to all.
quarry44

Postby indyjem » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:25 am

Other way around. On two way modules run them through a bind cycle in two way first, then bind in one way mode. You risk a zero GUID in one way mode I'd you don't, at least that is the theory that Bruce was going to try and prove. I am the guy who origonally discovered this quite by accident.
indyjem

Postby quarry44 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:30 am

:oops: You're quite right,indyjem.Brain fart on my side.I'll go n' slap myself silly with a roll of covering.
quarry44

Postby karolh » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:17 am

Can anyone confirm that FrSky is discontinuing the manufacturing of the non telemetry 2.4 modules and Rx units ?

Karol
karolh

PreviousNext

Return to Radios and Servos