AXN Floater - motor operating in reverse direction

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

AXN Floater - motor operating in reverse direction

Postby pldb64 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:56 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if i have a real issue here or if i've made a classic newbie error of some sort :-)

I've put together my AXN and got to the point where i'm testing the motor. I'd taken note of Bruce's video and put the propeller on the right way around etc. Problem is that the motor appears (to me at least) to be spinning in the wrong direction. Air is being forced towards the front of the plane, not the rear.

So since this was a factory installed ESC, my question is this a case of leads being reversed on the ESC or is there something else that needs to be done to correct this problem?

Thanks
Peter
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Re: AXN Floater - motor operating in reverse direction

Postby FlyingTiger » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Just swap any two of the three wires going from the ESC to the motor and that will reverse the rotation. Be sure the numbers on your prop face the front of the plane.
Gear up and locked!
FlyingTiger

Re: AXN Floater - motor operating in reverse direction

Postby pldb64 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:09 am

Thanks Flying Tiger - figured that was likely to be the case, but thought i'd better check. Worked nicely!

Now just to get two new servo's for the DOA's i had and i should actually be able to get this bird in the air :-)
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)