Futaba 6EX TX Futaba R617FS RX

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

Futaba 6EX TX Futaba R617FS RX

Postby Danger Mouse » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:19 am

Hey Gang

I have recently purchased a Futaba 6EX TX and Futaba R617FS RX to use with my AXN Floater Jet. I have connected it all up but I am experiencing a most peculiar problem. All my servos work bar throttle. Every time I connect channel 3 the UBEC goes into Programming Mode. I have tried adjusting the EPA and Trims for Channel 3 but to no avail. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Jason
Danger Mouse

Re: Futaba 6EX TX Futaba R617FS RX

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:38 am

Plug a servo into channel 3 and see if it works OK.
If it does the ESC( electronic speed controller), you have referred to as the UBEC, is the problem.
Try reversing the output of the channel it may be that the low throttle (stick down) is actually putting out a high throttle pulse
that prevents the ESC starting up.
If that has no effect it may be that the ESC is defective.
I believe Bruce has recommended a higher rated ESC in these forums as the standard one is a bit iffy.
Hope this helps.
Bill
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby Danger Mouse » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:42 am

Hi Bill

Thanks so much for your reply. I worked through your suggestions and found that reversing channel 3 resolved the problem. Thank you so very much.

Kind Regards

Jason :D
Danger Mouse

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:42 pm

:)
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby ergocentric » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:33 pm

BillGriffiths100 wrote:Try reversing the output of the channel

Had to do this with all of my Futaba radios
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Return to Help Needed