Fitting the new FrSky telemetry dui kit with switch...

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Re: Fitting the new FrSky telemetry dui kit with switch...

Postby Keith » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:03 pm

I'll open mine up and get some pics how I got it in the empty module box, and where I mounted my lights, switches, whistles...
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:23 am

As promised here are the pics... Would have posted sooner but could not find thread... Then I checked my posts...DOH...

Here is the unit out of its shrink wrap... You have to cut the box about to fit it in... Used Dremel...

No need to solder directly to board, just to the pins the module plugged into...

Fitted JST connectors so back can still be disconnected...

Fitted Led, button and switch on top... Was sanding balsa before I took pics....

Hope this helps your installation.... Questions welcome...

Here's the battery mod with 'smartie parts' USB...

If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby StuckOnTheDock » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:50 am

Hello all, new to this board. Glad I found it! I have a question. I saw one post on another board mentioning modding a T9X with the FrSky diy kit, but with a switch to be able to change back and forth between the original TX (Have several Rx's) and the FrSky, safer, possibly better Tx. Is it possible to use both?
StuckOnTheDock

Postby kaptain_zero » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:37 am

If you get the Leaderhobby.com version of the 9x, it is a simple matter of removing the original module in the back and replacing it with a FrSky DJT module. Both modules have the antenna attached to the module instead of on the top of the radio. If you have the Hobby King style of the 9x where the antenna is mounted on the radio with the wire going from the module to the antenna through the radio, you cannot just swap the module. Using the hack module AND keeping the original 9x tx could be done I suppose, but the effort and extra parts required to make them work in such a fashion would be cost prohibitive. A straight swap to FrSky with the DIY module is easy, cheap and well worth the effort.

To be honest, I don't see why anyone would bother with the original TX once they make the switch to FrSky, and for the record, I have 7 or so Turnigy receivers just gathering dust in a box somewhere... I now only use FrSky.

Regards

Christian
Last edited by kaptain_zero on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby StuckOnTheDock » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:40 am

Thanks Christian, I think that'll be the path, not like they really cost much anyway...
StuckOnTheDock

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:38 am

There is a way of converting your module but it means you would have to buy the modular frsky to plug in rather than use the hack see this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=164&start=280
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Previous

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks