dealextreme

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

dealextreme

Postby quarry44 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:35 am

I bought 8 of the Ultrafire LiFe batteries to do Bruce's $8 battery mod.Unfortunately,4 of the 8 batteries were stolen or lost out of the package in transit.I know this isn't Dealextreme's fault,and I lay no blame at their door.
I have sent a request for replacements ,so I'm curious if it leads to anything useful.But even if I don't get 4 more batteries,I would still be happy with their pricing.Even at $16,it still compares favourably to a nimh pacvk of 4 cells,which would cost me about $30NZ.I know you can get cheaper ones,but I wouldn't trust them in an aircraft.
Will report back when I hear some more.
quarry44

Re: dealextreme

Postby Keith » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:51 pm

You should have photographed the package showing the damage and sent it to them... Or seeing the damage you could have refused delivery if it was a hand delivery... I received 450 booms in a large plain envelope where they simply broke through one end... They should have been taped and had foam or other soft material over the ends... I lost two of the five ordered plus some feathering shafts also loosely packed... I sent pictures and got everything replaced....
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby quarry44 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:07 pm

I took photo's as soon as I got the parcel.Unfortunately,my neighbour signed for the parcel as I wasn't home.
I've contacted customer services,and sent them the photos.They replied quite fast,asking for details,which I've now sent.The batteries were in plastic boxes,which are quite sharp at the corners,so it may simply be insufficient packaging.I guess that's the price you pay for free shipping.However,it looked like the bubble envelope had actually been torn open,so it may have been deliberate.Anyway,we'll see what happens.
quarry44

Postby quarry44 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:27 pm

I have to say Dealextreme has very good customer service.They offered a store credit,or a refund of the missing items.And they notify you of every step in the process.I'm now awaiting a refund.I had ordered some more batteries,but since my new order is in a different system,they couldn't apply a store credit.Hence they offered a refund,which I accepted.I'm more than happy with Dealextreme's resolution to the problem,as loss in transit isn't necessarily their fault.Hans.
quarry44

Postby Flash1940 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:43 pm

Several weeks ago I placed an order with DX....Two batteries....a set of earphones and some magnets. All was $15.40. The order evidently can't be shipped because of the magnets.....so they have issued me credit for the magnets. Haven't received the order yet.
Anybody else ever ordered magnets with your other stuff and had it put on hold due to the magnets???

Flash
Flash1940

Postby pldb64 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:45 am

Recently ordered rare-earth magnets (set of 10) from HK along with a bunch of other things (including batteries from memory) ... no problem ... arrived altogether just prior to CNY.
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:35 am

I've noticed an increasing tendency for these Chinese online resellers to list items that aren't readily available. When you include such items in your order, the order becomes stalled, awaiting their arrival so increasingly, DX, TinyDeal and others are notifying you that they will refund the price and ship the rest.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby ergocentric » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:26 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:I've noticed an increasing tendency for these Chinese online resellers to list items that aren't readily available. When you include such items in your order, the order becomes stalled, awaiting their arrival so increasingly, DX, TinyDeal and others are notifying you that they will refund the price and ship the rest.

Since shipping is included in the dealextreme price, and large packages attract the notice of customs agents, I always make my orders small.
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby tgdavies » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:42 pm

I bought three very cheap LED torches from dealextreme, but received the wrong ones. I immediately contacted customer support, supplied them with photos of the torches, and they sent me the correct ones. Of course these were *very* cheap, but I couldn't be happier.
tgdavies

Postby cynr100 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:57 pm

Cancelled my order with DX, ordered on 2/2/12, item still showing "in stock dispatch 2-3 days" my order was still "backorder" 15/2/12. Interesting to see how long before my paypal account is refunded.
Will be looking elsewhere.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Next

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)