I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Postby Hallmark » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:33 am

I am doing some preflight testing of the AXN and when I reach about 2/3 power the motor vibrates quite violently, but this stops once throttle is increased. Can anyone suggest why this is happening? Is it likely to be the ESC, the motor or something else?

Thanks in advance...

Hallmark :?
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Hallmark wrote:I am doing some preflight testing of the AXN and when I reach about 2/3 power the motor vibrates quite violently, but this stops once throttle is increased. Can anyone suggest why this is happening? Is it likely to be the ESC, the motor or something else?

Thanks in advance...

Hallmark :?

Did you fit the correct spacer into the back of the prop?

You have to fit it in or it won't center on the shaft. Also, make sure you put a drop of CA on it so that it stays in the prop otherwise it will fall out because it faces to the rear or the model and there's nothing to hold it in.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Hallmark » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks Bruce, yes I did fit the spacer as I basically built it with your three part video running as I went - good thought though thank you. While I have your attention, can I use a 3.17mm collet set up on this?
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:54 am

I'm not sure if it's a 3mm or 3.2mm shaft -- I'll have to check.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby rogueqd » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:08 am

rogueqd

Postby Hallmark » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Thanks for that.

Maiden flight is up on YouTube and I crashed after 23 minutes of flying because unlike my previous plane this one loses all control when the battery dies lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTgy0qqy ... Wc8H7T0Va0
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:26 am

Well done, hope to get mine in the next week.

Bruce might be interested in the camera you used, little shaky at times but the light transition was very good.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:39 am

Thanks for the feedback. I used a Nikon Coolpix L120 digital camera, with my son acting as cameraman. I instructed him to be a little shaky as I didn't want to show Bruce up lol... :lol:

Does anyone know how to upload to YouTube so that the movies can be viewed on iPad and iPhone? I was not given any options about this when I uploaded, but when I tried to view from my iPad or iPhone it said the author chose not to allow it.

HMk
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:45 am

Mine has finally arrived so I was reviewing everything I could find.

Is that a "rum & coke" on your desk and did it help with the build (tongue in cheek):-))
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:59 am

No mate just Vanilla Coke Zero :lol: but this thing is so easy to build you could have a few and be okay... Good luck and keep us posted...
Hallmark

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)