Turnigy 9x v2

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Re: Turnigy 9x v2

Postby BB-Q » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:51 pm

Probably a daft question (I'm a mechanic, not an electronics engineer), but is it not do-able to solder in a USB port?
BB-Q

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:42 pm

Yes you can -- but extra components and software are required in the transmitter to support a USB connection.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby BB-Q » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Ok, thanks.
BB-Q

Postby el_pablito » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:21 am

I just received two 9x radios. In both cases there is similar problem - when you move main sticks operational zone is only 70% close to the center. Rest is DEAD ZONE - you will not see any servo movement and that is also visible in Servo Monitor (DISPLAY) included in radio software. Looks like production calibration problem without any hope for positive solution!!!!! My idea to fix the problem is add parallely to main ptentiometers additional resistors to make total resistance lover. Any other ideas?
el_pablito

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:18 am

el_pablito wrote:I just received two 9x radios. In both cases there is similar problem - when you move main sticks operational zone is only 70% close to the center. Rest is DEAD ZONE - you will not see any servo movement and that is also visible in Servo Monitor (DISPLAY) included in radio software. Looks like production calibration problem without any hope for positive solution!!!!! My idea to fix the problem is add parallely to main ptentiometers additional resistors to make total resistance lover. Any other ideas?

There is a recalibration procedure that will probably fix that issue.

Take a look part-way down this page (it's in German so I've patched it through the Google translator and you might have to click on the "translate" link to make it work).
RCModelReviews

Postby tommy » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:23 am

I have seen some V1 radios ( i.e no built in 2.4ghz antenna.) Would you suggest to buy on of these versions instead.
I don't like the fact the the new version makes it difficult to swap in different models.
Also according to the review it looks like the firmware has not been changed from the previous version.
Any thoughts.
tommy

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:29 am

The V1 is easier to swap modules in and out of but, if you remove the antenna wire and in-built antenna from the V2 you will get the same versatility and (allegedly) HK's improved V2 software.
RCModelReviews

Postby Wattsy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:55 am

I have had this radio for a week now and have de-soldered the built in aerial and removed the hot glue that holds it .
Can a JR 36 mhz module simply be used with a standard type aerial instesd of the turnigy 2.4 ghz unit :?:
Wattsy

Postby el_pablito » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:31 am

Hey RCModelsreviews - THANK YOU for help. Today I will check how this recalibration works.
el_pablito

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:13 am

Wattsy wrote:I have had this radio for a week now and have de-soldered the built in aerial and removed the hot glue that holds it .
Can a JR 36 mhz module simply be used with a standard type aerial instesd of the turnigy 2.4 ghz unit :?:

The module on the Turnigy 9X is not 100% JR-compatible because it lacks the 6 volt power connection that a real JR radio has so your genuine JR 36MHz module may not work.

I am wondering why you would want to go back to 36MHz anyway -- and if you have a suitable telescopic antenna.
RCModelReviews

PreviousNext

Return to Radios and Servos