Hobby King

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

How do you rate your satisfactioin with HobbyKing's service?

Excellent
21%
Good
46%
Average
9%
Fair
9%
Poor
15%

Total votes : 181

Re: Hobby King

Postby Juanlargo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Hey if you're OK with waiting that long then that's fine but Leaders Hobby and LowPriceRC have just as much invetory in stock as Hobby King, prices are just as good, and they ship much faster. Plus you can actually contact them whenever you need to and they will treat you right. I'm over Hobby King, they had their chance and abused the privelige of getting my money once too often. There are far better Hong Kong suppliers out there.

Juan.
Juanlargo

Postby Yellowirenut » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:59 am

It looks like the US and Canadian warehouse is stocking a lot more than just a few months ago. I have ordered batteries from that warehouse and they came in under a week. From overseas took about 3-4 weeks. Im looking forward to ordering more from the US warehouse.
Yellowirenut

Postby Juanlargo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:58 pm

I forgot to mention that Leaders Hobby also has two US warehouses, one in Miami, FL. And one in Los Angeles, shipping is fast and reasonable. I only use Hyperion batteries now because of the quality.

I simply refuse to do any more business with Hobby King, as far as I'm concerned they are the worst hobby supplier on the planet.
Juanlargo

Postby Kris » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:19 pm

My experiences with HK have been generally good as far as product is concerned, one servo toast at set-up time (before airplane was finished http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... oduct=5426) this was a good thing, battery voltage checker way out of calibration. Main problem is shipping, most of my orders take weeks on end just to get processed by the warehouse and then actually get moving by the sing post or swiss post or whatever. Once I made a mistake of using more expensive courier shipping that order took just as long as any other. I think what kills it for me is the anticipation of problems more than problems themselves so I usually place small orders to spread the risk.
My latest gem of an order placed on Feb 16-2012 went to printed status Feb 21-2012 (woo-hoo!!! my order is on paper now) and it has been there for about 48 hrs now. perhaps not too bad by HK's standards?
Kris

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Yes, they're pretty slow right now. My last couple of orders sat around for a couple of weeks before they shipped.

Who remembers when the processing time was 24hrs or less?

Ah, the good old days! :-)
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby BruceNZ » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:28 am

RCModelReviews wrote:Yes, they're pretty slow right now. My last couple of orders sat around for a couple of weeks before they shipped.

Same here. Frustrating, especially when I find I have forgotten something for my AXN build!

Went to order a Mode 1 Turnigy 9X just now. It shows as being in stock, but when you add it to the cart it shows "This product is limited to 0 units per sale." And they won't let you backorder a Mode 2. Perhaps a victim of their own success with this radio?

BruceNZ
BruceNZ

Postby Kris » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:30 am

Kris wrote:My latest gem of an order placed on Feb 16-2012 went to printed status Feb 21-2012 (woo-hoo!!! my order is on paper now) and it has been there for about 48 hrs now. perhaps not too bad by HK's standards?

I have received a checker robot e-mail, let see how long it will take till it gets posted at swiss post with first tracking update? Almost like a contest.
Kris

Postby S-rob » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:13 am

My order is "packed 14/02"
Is this status 'packed' just BS to give us some hope. If its packed & boxed , then all it needs is the courier sticker.
That cant take 10days.
S-rob

Postby quarry44 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:40 am

I recently bought a foam plane,but unfortunately,the order was not completed before the chinese new year.However ,once back at normal speed,my order was completed within 1 week,and delivered in 11days.
One thing to remember is,if you buy an aircraft,it has to come from another warehouse,which adds a minimum of 5 days to the shipping time.In my case,this turned into 3 weeks,but at the price paid,I'm not complaining.
I know you can buy this stuff at other places,but I haven't found one that had the same plane cheaper,or even in stock.Ye pays yer money,etc.
quarry44

Postby Kris » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:37 pm

I just got this pop-up on HK's website while reading a discussion on a rotomax 50cc motor "Warranty
Other stores will force you to ship the product back to China in full retail packaging every time!
Hobbyking's warranty service is professional, fair and fast
."

Any comments?
Kris

PreviousNext

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)