Turnigy 9x setting up Throttle Kill & Choke

Helicopter-specific issues relating to the electronics in your bird

Turnigy 9x setting up Throttle Kill & Choke

Postby AT6 Texan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:46 am

Hi there
This is my first time up on this forum plus I am a newbie with gas aircraft plus the Turnigy 9 X
Can someone out there tell me how to go about setting up the kill switch and how to set up the choke worked by the switches on the transmitter? I can doo with all the help I can get

Thanks
AT6 Texan

Re: Turnigy 9x setting up Throttle Kill & Choke

Postby quarry44 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:11 pm

Download the ER9X user's guide,and you will find the procedure on page 33.Can't find the link at the mo,so just google it.Don't know 'bout the choke though.
quarry44

Postby AT6 Texan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi quarry 44
Thanks for this information I will go and see if I can find it I am going to get one of the new Smartieparts 9x Add-on Board with built-in Programmer and EL Backlight, for my Turnigy I believe they add so much more to the transmitter and make it better all round.

Thanks again
John
AT6 Texan
AT6 Texan

Postby pldb64 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:27 pm

John,

If you've still got the stock Turnigy 9X firmware, then quarry's advise won't apply until you've got the smartieparts board in place and yoúve upgraded to the ER9x firmware. Your request is very straight forward in the ER9x world, but i'm afraid that won't help you until you've got your board in place. Sorry i can't help you more - i only had teh stock firmware in place for about 3 days so never delved into it very far.

The forum for ER9x is VERY active and they may be able to offer you advise about teh stock firmware as well. 9xforums.com

Peter
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Postby AT6 Texan » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:55 pm

Hi Peter
Thanks for your post I will be ordering my new Smartieparts 9x Add-on Board next month It will be interesting to see just how good it really is, I have not read anything bad about it so far
Let me know how you get on with your firmware?

by the way I am just across the ditch in NZ

Regards
John
AT6 TEXAN
AT6 Texan

Postby pldb64 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:16 am

Hi John,

I've had the smartieparts board in two 9x's thus far and its been the easiest mod you could imagine! Make sure you read the instructions and you'll be fine i'm sure. You do want to make sure that you're actually dealing with a 9X V2 board rather than a V1 board as there are some extra mods required if you've got a V1. These are detailed on the smartieparts webpage as well. Just be aware of that possibility. The forums indicate quite clearly how you can identify a V1 vs V2.

Love the ER9X firmware and the EEPE PC app that allows you to setup/modify your models. It's even got a simulator in it so you can make sure that the mixes you're working on are opearting as you really meant them to before you download to the Tx.

I've now got the ER9x T-shirt too :-) ... so i'm certainly an advocate.

Enjoy!
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Postby AT6 Texan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:42 am

Hi Peter

Again thanks for your email.
Both of my Turnigy transmitters are 9X V2 but I will check them both anyway I will only bee updating one of them at this time will do the other further down the track
I am pleased to read that you have the same smartieparts board that I will be getting and that you are pleased with it and great to read that you have the ER9X T-Shirt I was looking at one of those myself.

Regards

John
AT6 Texan

Postby quarry44 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Sorry,John,I thought you had er9x installed.I don't know if you can do a kill switch with the standard 9x turnigy tx.
The Er9x would be a good move anyway,it's so much more versatile.You do need to wade through a lot of instructions at first,but it's all worth it:).
quarry44

Postby AT6 Texan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:45 am

Thank Peter
I am of to the South Island for a few days Grand daughters birtday I will be reading up on the ER 9X while I am away

Regards
John
AT6 Texan

Return to Radios, Gyros, Servos