dealextreme

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

Re: dealextreme

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:56 pm

My latest order with DX was placed on Feb 1.

The order sat at "pending" (awaiting supplier) for 10 days.

On Feb 10 the status was upgraded to "packing"

On Feb 12 it went pack to "pending" (awaiting supplier)

WTF?

I'll leave it a while longer.

The Chinese are really dropping the ball recently. I've had bad experiences with GLB, TinyDeal and now DX.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby quarry44 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:41 am

Maybe they're still hung over from their new year's celebrations :mrgreen:
quarry44

Postby cynr100 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:54 am

I'll be dissing DX, cancelling the order was easy, getting the refund was a Chinese puzzle. I used all there website "tools" to extract a refund with no joy or acknowledgement. It took a forum entry with threat of Paypal investigation to secure a refund.
Too much reliance on Western gullibility and system automation could very well be their downfall. Have been concentrating my efforts in finding sites that don't do "backorders", pie in the sky unfortunately.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Kermit » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:06 am

Looks like this mob really do need a wakeup call, rocket whatever you wish to call it. I am still waiting for an order placed on 11 Jan 2012. Paypal shows that the monies have been paid on the same day, apparently an invoice has been raised but zippo since then. Efforts to contact these people seem to be treated with disdain. I guess it is what can be expected when you deal with some overseas suppliers but at least you would think a reply would be in order. Sorry 'dealextreme' but in future I will be taking my business elsewhere.
By the look of most of the other forum entries here I am not alone in this decision.
Signed...Pi@$#d Off.
Kermit

Postby Kris » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

I've made several orders from DX, and never had any problems with orders getting stalled. What they did in the past is split my orders and ship the out of stock items later.
Kris

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:15 pm

DX has become a victim of its own success and is highly vulnerable to the suppliers that feed it with products.

Right now they're *way* behind in their order processing on many items -- and this creates a vicious customer-service spiral that it's difficult to break out of.

Customer places an order

DX orders product from the supplier

Supplier is out of stock so DX (and you) wait...

Wait...

Customer gets concerned and raises a CS ticket.

DX CS gets overloaded with CS tickets so the ticket-processing time becomes inordinately long

Customer gets angry and eventually cancels order

DX now has to cope with new orders, customer support tickets and refund requests.

Too much work, not enough people to do it...

As a result, *everything* slows down even more.

And of course lots of folk don't realize that the Chinese New Year has effectively created a massive backlog as well.

It's a bit like driving along the freeway and finding the road gridlocked -- simply because an hour ago, someone slowed down a little for some reason -- causing those behind to slow down a little more and those behind them to slow down even more.. etc etc. The end result is that everything stops.

My last order with DX was placed on 1 Feb and is still awaiting 1 item. Normally they'd have already split the order and sent the other 3 items but so far they're just waiting. I raised a CS ticket requesting a split but I'm not holding my breath. I believe they're about 3 weeks behind on their CS tickets right now so by the time they get around to mine the out of stock part will have (hopefully) arrived and the order will have shipped anyway.

This massive slowing of the Chinese online retail houses seems to be endemic right now -- they're all suffering.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Kris » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:41 pm

When you explain it that way it sounds brutal for everyone involved. And when I think about it my last order with them was before New Year so that probably was what made it fast and trouble free. :idea:
Kris

Postby ergocentric » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:05 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:The Chinese are really dropping the ball recently. I've had bad experiences with GLB, TinyDeal and now DX.

HobbyKing has held my last order now for two weeks, same all around?
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby ergocentric » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:16 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:It's a bit like driving along the freeway and finding the road gridlocked -- simply because an hour ago, someone slowed down a little for some reason -- causing those behind to slow down a little more and those behind them to slow down even more.. etc etc. The end result is that everything stops.

Haha, http://g.co/maps/wrkus

oops, turn on satalite view

didn't mean to frighten you kiwis, I have lived in Toronto most of my life, population > NZ
Last edited by ergocentric on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unconcerned but not indifferent - MAN RAY
ergocentric

Postby Kermit » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:37 pm

Still waiting for my order paced 11 Jan 2012. Does anyone know how to contact these people? Their contact portal will not accept the INV? number shown on Paypal's history page (dealextreme have been paid). If you can't put in an acceptable invoice number the portal refuses to proceed to the next screen where a query can be left.
Very frustrating.
Kermit

PreviousNext

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)