Setting up Hobbyking SS Series 25-30A ESC for AXN

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Setting up Hobbyking SS Series 25-30A ESC for AXN

Postby joula » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi,

First of all I am a beginner and I have learn quite a lot from your videos. And based on your recommendation I bought an AXN from HK and started to build it. I created a video from my problem: http://youtu.be/HACUy9luZ84. For some reason the motor doesn't work and it keeps beeping. However, as you can see the servo works.

Can you please help identify the problem? Maybe there is a problem with ESC or with motor or how I connect them to each other.

Thanks!

PS: once my AXN is up in the air I am going to donate you and I would also pay for your premium content.
joula

Re: Setting up Hobbyking SS Series 25-30A ESC for AXN

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Quite often the throttle throw is reversed not going in the the right direction, that causes this problem.
Reverse the throttle throw in the transmitter and it will probably start up ok.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby joula » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:48 pm

I have reversed the throttle on my tx but it did not work. The motor is still beeping the same sign periodically what you can hear on the video.
joula

Postby joula » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:49 pm

I am sure it is my fault but I can't find out. I will create a video showing my tx settings maybe that will help. Thanks.
joula

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:26 pm

Ok you are plugged into the battery input or channel 8 I can't quite see but you need to be plugged into the throttle output usually channel 3.
The supply is common to all the outputs so no need to plug in the battery input I can see why you have made the mistake.
Sorry I didn't look at the video first! :oops:
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby joula » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Thanks for the quick help!!! This was really the mistake of a beginner. Thanks again!
joula

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)