Another Noobie

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Re: Another Noobie

Postby chrisjunkie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:38 am

RCModelReviews wrote:It's pretty cool having the safety net that the FY31AP offers isn't it?

A system like this is a *must* for any long-distance (beyond visual range) FPV work. I'll be comparing the FY31AP to the Nova Cyclops RTL system this week.

Any progress on this Bruce? Itching to get an OSD + RTH though willing to wait as not much flying can be had (bloody New Zealand weather! :cry: )
chrisjunkie

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:43 am

No... weather has defeated me again (winds were 70kph+ yesterday and the day before was 24hrs of rain).

I went out today, hoping to sneak in some air-time between the showers but no luck.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby chrisjunkie » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Only problem with is hobby is that it is so dependant on the weather! :-(
chrisjunkie

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:03 am

chrisjunkie wrote:Only problem with is hobby is that it is so dependant on the weather! :-(

But if it's raining or too cold/dark to fly -- you can be building!
RCModelReviews

Postby cynr100 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:47 am

Hahaha!, but only if HK have delivered. I'm waiting on 1 ESC and 1 Tx/Rx (guess which one) then I'll have 2 foamies to crash,the ground is nice and soft after 780mm since Sat 16/3.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby WildWill » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:49 pm

Getting better with the skywalker. Was flying in moderate wind and rain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M3_tDX1lNE&hd=1

Ordered a tricopter today, won't have that for a few weeks though.
WildWill

Postby WildWill » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:36 am

Still at it. Everything seems to be working fine. Getting the hang of flying.

The latest video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNaWBQMHZ8o&hd=1
WildWill

Postby Hallmark » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:03 am

Hi Will,

Just hoping for an update of any sort? Having read your posts I am ordering the same FY31 set-up, especially after Bruce's reviews too. Anyway would be great to know how things have progressed or otherwise :lol:

Hallmark
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby WildWill » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:06 am

I'm still at it! Had a bit of a bad day today, I think I may have fried my Vtx, have another one on order. That thing gets very hot fast. I was tinkering around with some new antennas and let it get so hot that it melted the hot glue holding it in the wing and all but fell out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoqyKKZg ... e=youtu.be

I am going to be giving the immersion 5.8 600w with the Immersion Uno vRx setup a shot as I've heard very good things. I purchased a set of circular polarized antennas for it as well.

I really like that fy31ap and I flew with another fpver the other day and he was shocked at what that thing does. My only gripe is that the Nav function doesn't seem to want to get together. I started messing with it and was able to get software that didn't bluescreen right out of the gate but it just didn't want to connect no matter what I tried. I found a person that had a tutorial on how to get the nav points to work and it was a lot more then I felt like jumping into right at the moment. Really, it just shouldn't be that hard, they need a better programmer. It's still worth it IMO.

Anyways, that is where I am at so far.

Oh, also note worthy. I joined up with a group of guys on another forum that are all from the state of Washington and we are going to have an FPV flying meet. Should be lots of fun. :D
WildWill

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:39 am

It's important not to operate any VTX without a *GOOD* antenna.

If you use them with a bad antenna or worse - *NO* antenna then they will fry, sometimes *very* quickly.
RCModelReviews

PreviousNext

Return to FPV