Hubsan Spy Hawk 4ch FPV RTF

If you didn't have to build it then you can talk about it here.

Hubsan Spy Hawk 4ch FPV RTF

Postby John_Edward » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:16 am

I happened to stumble upon this little plane on my youtube adventures : http://www.onlyflyingmachines.com/spyhawk.html
An RTF FPV mini glider with a wingspand of around 900mm, with a built in screen on the radio.
It also has all kinds of bells and whistles like OSD, GPS, Flight Stabilization and support for FPV goggles and recording.

It is made by Hubsan Hobby, item H301F SPY HAWK

Looks like a quite nice my-first-FPV-plane.

Also, be sure to check its "big brother", the Sky Cruiser.
Winner of the "Most retarded looking plane of the year" award :)
Humanity is conformity
Conformity is society
Society is this reality
John_Edward

Re: Hubsan Spy Hawk 4ch FPV RTF

Postby RCModelReviews » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:59 am

Alishanmao said he's going to send me one to review -- we'll see if that happens.

Looks like a fun little plane but with just 25mW of video transmitter on 5.8GHz and linearly polarized antennas it will be very much a "close proximity" FPV setup. I think that if you wanted to, you could build the same kind of thing with the AXN (perhaps without the stability system that isn't really necessary anyway) for the same money. You'd then get the added advantage of being able to re-use all the components in your next plane and a 200mW video transmitter would give you at least 1000m of clear video range.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby John_Edward » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:33 am

Lets hope he does, I'd love to see you review this.
I've been seriously thinking of taking the plunge and getting my first plane, but sadly the AXN is just a little too big; It won't fit comfortably in my tiny-ass car with its wingspan.
This one is only 840mm, so it would fit easily, and the built-in FPV stuff would be a bonus.

That is, of course, assuming it a) flies well, b) has an FPV system good enough that it is pleasant to use and c) is worth the money.
And to be honest, after seeing so many bad and dishonest reviewers, you are one of the only people I truly can say I trust in these things.

Maybe a few encouraging messages to Ali by us would help you get one :)
Humanity is conformity
Conformity is society
Society is this reality
John_Edward

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:45 pm

Stop conforming and get a bigger car!
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:05 pm

Ali's a great guy and I love his vids but (maybe it's just me) I find the constant pitch "go to my website, buy my stuff" that pops up along the bottom of the vids does tend to make me smile a little when, just a few seconds later, the "only the honest reviews" line appears.

I'm sure that Ali only sells stuff that he's tested and feels is worthy of his endorsement -- but it still (IMHO) doesn't look good.

I made the decision not to sell anything or join any affiliate schemes for the very reason that I don't want even a hint of self-interest to affect the reviews I do.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Return to ARF and RTF Models