Hobby King

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

How do you rate your satisfactioin with HobbyKing's service?

Excellent
21%
Good
46%
Average
9%
Fair
9%
Poor
15%

Total votes : 181

Re: Hobby King

Postby Kris » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:13 pm

Kris wrote:
Kris wrote:My latest gem of an order placed on Feb 16-2012 went to printed status Feb 21-2012 (woo-hoo!!! my order is on paper now) and it has been there for about 48 hrs now. perhaps not too bad by HK's standards?

I have received a checker robot e-mail, let see how long it will take till it gets posted at swiss post with first tracking update? Almost like a contest.

So it has taken 2 and 1/2 days for swiss post to take charge of my shipment... not bad considering the number of orders just from HK, if you add other web retailers that has to be a huge number of packages.
Kris

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:09 pm

My latest consignment of batteries too longer for HK to process than it did for SwissPost to deliver.

That's either very good service from SP or a rather lethargic process at HK.

Regardless of that -- I'm happy. 3S 2200mAH packs for NZ$14.50 including postage! Locally you pay about NZ$40-$50 for the same.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Kris » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:38 am

About the same here in Canada as far as pricing goes. I guess if you prepare your self for a long wait etc. then it is not such a disapintment if it takes a while to get that shipment. 8-)
Kris

Postby kaptain_zero » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:25 pm

Hmmm... I just keep placing orders and eventually forget what is supposed to arrive when. :twisted:

Now there's always something "interesting" in the mailbox when I get home!

Regards

Kaptain "Hopeless in Hong Kong" Zero
"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money."
-- Pablo Picasso
kaptain_zero

Postby mkuvy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:34 pm

I'll be stocking up on carbon fiber rods and tubes at HK, and I'm happy to share shipping for long, lightweight items with anyone located in Waikato, NZ. Send me a PM within the next week (till Friday, March 9th 2012) if you are interested.
mkuvy

Postby Juanlargo » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Kris wrote:I just got this pop-up on HK's website while reading a discussion on a rotomax 50cc motor "Warranty
Other stores will force you to ship the product back to China in full retail packaging every time!
Hobbyking's warranty service is professional, fair and fast
."

Any comments?

Huh? So what, they come and pick it up at your door? What a load of hogwash. If you have one and it fails you have to pay to ship it back, they won't. You will then be extremely fortunate if they replace it which they probably won't. Why don't they just post a banner that says, you buy it, you own it......
Juanlargo

Postby Kris » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:37 am

[/quote]Huh? So what, they come and pick it up at your door? What a load of hogwash. If you have one and it fails you have to pay to ship it back, they won't. You will then be extremely fortunate if they replace it which they probably won't. Why don't they just post a banner that says, you buy it, you own it......[/quote]

My point exactly just a bunch of BS in that regard.
Kris

Postby cynr100 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:23 am

Are we being had on the Turnigy 9x/Fsky/Eurgle roundabout, nobody has them at the current listed price. About the only TX/RX systems available are the highend units, being new to the hobby I am not going to spend $500-$1500 just to crash my planes.

They can be found (a copy of a copy anyway) on fleabay for $115 approx plus freight with delivery 30-45 days??

I have been looking through Alibaba.com and came across this

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/35036 ... G_9CH.html

So I submitted a query for the supply of 2 units thinking this would be too small BUT I received an email reply in 10 minutes (this is Saturday remember :o )

Dear Friend,
thanks for your inquiry.
if you need 2 pcs , the cost is $99/pcs and with free shipping by China post , yes, we will use a registed post to send , also will give you a tracking number. the delivery is 12-15days.

please advise your comments

Sincerely
Tks and Bestregards
Cindy Lueng
Shenzhen Jingxinhong Tech.Dev.Co.,Ltd

I searched further and found I could order 1 through AliExpress, cost AUD$95, free registered airmail (with tracking number :D ), delivery within 15 days, funds in escrow until satisfied, free return freight if required. The interesting thing about this suppliers website is the embedded with "Hobby King Technology Ltd" :?: :?: Please PM for the web address

Until I don't receive it, the only down side is the lack of PayPal.
So, in 15 days the truth will be known or I'm back to the end of the queue.

After all this I cancelled my order with HK and have requested a refund to PayPal, if that doesn't happen in 7 days (and probably won't) will lodge a dispute. The 45 day limit is getting too close to have no money AND no TX/RX.

Comments appreciated, have I been had again :roll:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:51 pm

Was this for the Turnigy-branded version or the more generic FlySky units?
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby cynr100 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:21 pm

These are the same units Leadershobby have on backorder. I am not clued on the differences, would appreciate you casting you eye over this.
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/105912082.html
Appears that it comes with a separating module unlike the Turnigy hardwired version.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

PreviousNext

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)