Hobby King

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

How do you rate your satisfactioin with HobbyKing's service?

Excellent
21%
Good
46%
Average
9%
Fair
9%
Poor
15%

Total votes : 181

Re: Hobby King

Postby Kris » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:44 pm

cynr100 wrote:
Until I don't receive it, the only down side is the lack of PayPal.
So, in 15 days the truth will be known or I'm back to the end of the queue.

After all this I cancelled my order with HK and have requested a refund to PayPal, if that doesn't happen in 7 days (and probably won't) will lodge a dispute. The 45 day limit is getting too close to have no money AND no TX/RX.

Comments appreciated, have I been had again :roll:

You raise an interesting point. Back a year ago or more, if you cancelled an order, they would give you a refund, now you just get the points? :?
Kris

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:51 pm

Yes, that's the generic FlySky version.

I hate the way they advertise this radio as a 9-channel system when (in 2.4GHz configuration) it is only an 8-channel system.

Some guys in our club have these and they work fine.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby quarry44 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:11 am

Well,I've ordered an AXN today,so we'll see how long it takes.I've gone for the motor only option,and added Bruce's favorite servo's,the hk 15178's,and an ss series 25-30A esc.
I know the AXN comes from a different warehouse,so that seems to add about a week.
Thumbs twiddling :mrgreen:
quarry44

Postby Mark Hitchman » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:06 am

Ordered props and stuff for my tri on the 20th, they were delivered today, the 26th, no complaints for that lot :)
See how long the batteries take in a separate order.

Mark
Mark Hitchman

Postby propfella » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:41 am

I won't bother to go into all the problems I've had with HobbyKing, most of them have already been mentioned in earlier posts. I agree that their so called Live Help is a complete sham. It's only aim (except in really easy problems) is to lead you by the nose around and around in circles until you die from frustration or simply give up and walk away.

One thing I have been wandering about for some time is, WHO is Hobbyking? Have you ever seen their name mentioned on any freight received from them. Everything I get is from "Y Wu" living at Sui Wo Road, the same person living at Shan Mei Street and the latest one a "Quantum Solutions Hong Kong Ltd"

This latest one has me totally beat. After very carefully removing 3 freight labels I find the first and second labels are from Quantum Solutions Singapore P/L (nothing underneath) The next shipping label is Quantum Solutions Hong Kong Ltd. Was the parcel sent from Singapore to Hong Kong to me? These labels stick like the proverbial and any sign of removal of any other sticker would show some sort of residue. Not in this case. Was the original box emptied at Singapore and returned to Hong Kong in a different box?

We all know that we never pay HobbyKing, it's Hextronics and I vaguely remember another company showing up some time ago. So where is HobbyKing? Just for interest's sake, if anyone can enter another address or name their parcel comes from it would make it even more confusing and fun. :?:
propfella

Postby zann68 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:33 am

RCModelReviews wrote:Yes, that's the generic FlySky version.

I hate the way they advertise this radio as a 9-channel system when (in 2.4GHz configuration) it is only an 8-channel system.

Some guys in our club have these and they work fine.

I've been wondering that myself. My son wants one of these radios and myself. So with your comment you have brought up a question I need to ask you. Should I go with the real deal "FS-TH9X" and if so is it really 9 channels or is only in "FM" mode? I currently use a DX6i and find myself being hindered by the lack of mixes I require now for my Larger planes

Thanks in Advance
Calm down!! Gravity has been checked, and it's still working
zann68

Postby cynr100 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:04 am

[/quote]
One thing I have been wandering about for some time is, WHO is Hobbyking? Have you ever seen their name mentioned on any freight received from them. Everything I get is from "Y Wu" living at Sui Wo Road, the same person living at Shan Mei Street and the latest one a "Quantum Solutions Hong Kong Ltd"

We all know that we never pay HobbyKing, it's Hextronics and I vaguely remember another company showing up some time ago. So where is HobbyKing? Just for interest's sake, if anyone can enter another address or name their parcel comes from it would make it even more confusing and fun. :?:[/quote]

Tis all very much a financial mystery, but if we get the service it doesn't really matter. I am no longer sticking to HK "for convenience and value" I now prefer to shop around using the likes of Alibaba and DHGate(GHGate??) with HK as a price comparison. There are plenty of "providor/retailers" in China, I am under the impression that from manufacturer to consumer mainland China has more middle men than a football team. Just have to shop around for the magical "service" :roll:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby cynr100 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:51 am

Kris wrote:
cynr100 wrote:
Until I don't receive it, the only down side is the lack of PayPal.
So, in 15 days the truth will be known or I'm back to the end of the queue.

After all this I cancelled my order with HK and have requested a refund to PayPal, if that doesn't happen in 7 days (and probably won't) will lodge a dispute. The 45 day limit is getting too close to have no money AND no TX/RX.

Comments appreciated, have I been had again :roll:

You raise an interesting point. Back a year ago or more, if you cancelled an order, they would give you a refund, now you just get the points? :?

Pleased to advise that my PayPal account was credited today 31/3 from a request of 24/3, confidence has been restored now I will purchase again, thanks HK.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Kris » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:55 pm

You raise an interesting point. Back a year ago or more, if you cancelled an order, they would give you a refund, now you just get the points? :?[/quote]

Pleased to advise that my PayPal account was credited today 31/3 from a request of 24/3, confidence has been restored now I will purchase again, thanks HK.[/quote]

Good to hear that they did it to you satisfaction. :D
Kris

Postby Daithi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:08 am

"I hate the way they advertise this radio as a 9-channel system when (in 2.4GHz configuration) it is only an 8-channel system."

Actually it's 8 channel in PPM mode - it's 9 if you use PCM (the ER9x flash is the same - 8 channel PPM and 9 channel PCM)
Daithi

PreviousNext

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)