CURE FOR A COLD

Chew the fat on any non-RC subject. It's a free-for-all but common rules of decency do apply so act like adults and don't embarrass yourself by trolling or cuss'n.

Re: CURE FOR A COLD

Postby Keith » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:49 am

Kris wrote:
Keith wrote:Mug of milk. Teaspoon of butter. Dollop of honey. Good shot of brandy. Microwave until very hot. Sip slowly...

I have to speak-up for what i believe in, that is using microwave ovens is very bad for human and other living creatures health. Therefore you can not use one to help cure anything.
Here is a link for anyone interested in reading more about it: http://www.greenhealthwatch.com/newssto ... rview.html

Honey is a good natural cold remedy.

Yeah I've been using one for over 30 years so perhaps it's time to stop...

I would never get inside one....
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby cynr100 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:54 am

I started this thread out of respect to Bruce and the ubiquitous cold, we are now on page 2 and heading towards banning microwave ovens :lol:

I so love this place :D it keeps me sane and entertained.

Please remember I do not belittle the information and those that provide it we all need a smile every while, I find it here :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby John_Edward » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:08 pm

When talking about microwave ovens being bad, do remember that the 2.4GHz RC uses the same frequency, as does cordless phones, WLAN, Bluetooth, Baby monitors, Car Alarms etc.

"The radiation produced by a microwave oven is non-ionizing. It therefore does not have the cancer risks associated with ionizing radiation such as X-rays and high-energy particles. Long-term rodent studies to assess cancer risk have so far failed to identify any carcinogenicity from 2.45 GHz microwave radiation even with chronic exposure levels, i.e., large fraction of one's life span, far larger than humans are likely to encounter from any leaking ovens."

But this whole "microwaved food is bad!" thing is probably an American thing, the only use our microwave has is warming up leftovers in a hurry, not actually trying to cook anything.
Here in Finland, the only thing 99% of people would 'cook' in a microwave is an egg.
And they only do it once in their lifetime ;)
Humanity is conformity
Conformity is society
Society is this reality
John_Edward

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:08 pm

A microwave is also useful for re-heating your coffee when you forget about it and then find it stone-cold on your desk.

My favorite use for a microwave oven though, is as a source of parts for making DIY spot-welding machines.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby FlyingTiger » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:19 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:My favorite use for a microwave oven though, is as a source of parts for making DIY spot-welding machines.

When can we expect the Youtube video for this project?
Gear up and locked!
FlyingTiger

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:43 am

Don't you think Bruce got enough flak over the FPV and moto-cross without putting up a video on how to blow your kitchen up,,,,?
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby cynr100 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:00 am

I reheated a chicken cordon bleu in the microwave once, the wife had made using metal skewers, THAT was exciting. :shock:

Bruce I hope you have found your cure because we are soooooooooo far off topic :lol: :lol: and loving every minute :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:24 am

Yeah, I'm feeling much better today -- even went out to the field to beat up my AXN a little more.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby quarry44 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:56 am

Microwaves are also great for warming up epoxy in the middle of winter.Just don't tell SWMBO :mrgreen:
quarry44

Previous

Return to Non-RC