I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: I'm new to RC and bought an AXN

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:22 am

rogueqd wrote:I read somewhere that the AXN is suited to a 300m x 300m field. I'd say 150m x 150m bare minimum. I have flown mine in 100m x 50m, but it's not much fun.

Once you get the hang of it you can fly from a 30x30 area with the AXN.

As you might have seen in my "low and slow" videos (XJet channel), I can fly the AXN in very tight circles at low speed and low altitude. As for landing, you *can* land while turning -- which makes operating out of small spaces even easier.

Maybe I should do a "*how to* fly low and slow with the AXN" video :-)
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby cynr100 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:35 am

"Going low & slow" for dummies would be greatly appreciated.
Not blaming you but your original low & slow vid convinced me to go the AXN route after my disasterous venture with a 450 heli (I have the spares for a possible rebuild but would require matrimonial approval to fulfill, she doesn't want to see another ambulance at the door) :lol:

On the other hand I would not like to see you take time away from the FPV packback project, too many people are waiting, and the result is what will drive me to the next level.
Whilst I have the fiscal ability I will bump, bounce and crash my way to fulfillment, with people like yourself and others on this forum providing little guiding steps and the challenge to achieve higher levels.
Good grief I need a drink :oops: :roll: am getting all tired and emotional.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby RCModelReviews » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:15 am

Right now I'm up to my ears in PC parts and tissues. My main PC has taken a dump :-(

Locks up after about 2-3 minutes of operation.

What a PITA!
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Hallmark » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:21 am

cynr100 wrote:"(I have the spares for a possible rebuild but would require matrimonial approval to fulfill, she doesn't want to see another ambulance at the door) :lol:

Good grief I need a drink :oops: :roll: am getting all tired and emotional.

LMAO I'm on facebook, google and some other so-called social networks, but this is my favourite place for a good giggle with like minded nutters... :o :shock: :? :geek:

I took AXN MkII out today and had a plethora of errors. I could not get it to fly straight it was banking right. When I tried to bank left it was sluggish or just non-responsive, but the servos work fine. I have extended the throws on the transmitter and I am not sure what to do to get it flyable again. There are some very urgent repairs that need to be done like a hole chewed out mid way down the aft shaft where the motor detached from the mounting.

Please look below at the new advert for the AXN. I think it is on a forum called GumTree... :oops:
Attachments
Gumtree02.JPG
Stoopid trees - I blame the tree hugging Greenies!!!
Gumtree02.JPG (252.38 KiB) Viewed 13790 times
Gumtree01.JPG
Sale on AXNs at Gumtree dot come on!
Gumtree01.JPG (210.93 KiB) Viewed 13790 times
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby Hallmark » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:52 am

RCModelReviews wrote:Right now I'm up to my ears in PC parts and tissues. My main PC has taken a dump :-(

Locks up after about 2-3 minutes of operation

Sorry to hear that Bruce - here's my all round PC repair kit cost $14.00 and works 100% of the time.

I first used it after my old laptop kept beating me at chess - turns out it wasn't so good at croquet!!!
Attachments
sledgehammer.jpg
sledgehammer.jpg (189.46 KiB) Viewed 13786 times
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:36 am

RCModelReviews wrote:Right now I'm up to my ears in PC parts and tissues. My main PC has taken a dump :-(

Locks up after about 2-3 minutes of operation.

Got a special post running for you to get rid of the tissues, hope you are taking notice :lol:

On the PC issue (and I believe you are running a P4) try pulling out the RAMs and cleaning the contacts with a plain old pencil rubber. Works everytime in high rainfall areas.
Your would know more than I would about these things but that's my 2c ;)
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby cynr100 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:44 am

Hallmark wrote:
I took AXN MkII out today and had a plethora of errors.

Watched your vid, now I'm suffering from vertigo :lol: AND your making me jealous.

You got ripped on your computer tool, bought mine as a percussion adjuster and only cost $7 :lol: :mrgreen:
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:52 am

cynr100 wrote:
Hallmark wrote:
I took AXN MkII out today and had a plethora of errors.

Watched your vid, now I'm suffering from vertigo :lol: AND your making me jealous.

You got ripped on your computer tool, bought mine as a percussion adjuster and only cost $7 :lol: :mrgreen:

Yes I know, good old YouTube "fixed" the shake... nuf said! I'll post the original and delete the so-called improved version later tonight.

And the price will always double when it is for anything computer... :twisted:
Hallmark

Postby rogueqd » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:07 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:I can fly the AXN in very tight circles at low speed and low altitude.
Yes I'm sure YOU can fly in a 30x30 area, but I'd hardly call you a beginner Bruce, lol.
rogueqd

Postby cynr100 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:49 pm

Hallmark wrote:Please look below at the new advert for the AXN. I think it is on a forum called GumTree... :oops:

Hang on a minute :?: :?: THATS not the "Blue Bruce" up the tree. Is that your first one rebuilt or have you got AXNs growing on trees :lol:

Just coudn't help ma sef :mrgreen:
cynr100

PreviousNext

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)