Hobby King Technology Ltd ????

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

Hobby King Technology Ltd ????

Postby cynr100 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:21 am

Began looking for the illustrious TH9X 3 months ago,sat in the queue at Leadershobby for over 3 weeks with not a bite ( no problems with money return, will buy/order there again).Then off to HK to sit in a queue, again, was getting frustrated with money being held and no sight of when my order would be filled. Then noticed that stocks of all transmitters at HK were slowly becoming backorder :roll:. I withdrew my order and received "credit", to HK's good they provided a money return when requested.
I then started searching AliExpress and found one at Hobby King Technology Ltd (no connection to HK, OR is there :? ) okay it's not a Turnigy but a FlySky (not up on the tech differences but it's 9/8ch with removal module more than I will need at this point.)
Costs US94.70, that included freight, okay I paid over the odds by about $25 (cheaper than a box of beer, I made the sacrifice :lol: ).
The best part.................time line :D
Order & paid 25/3
Dispatched 27/3 confirmed by tracking number
My door 12/4 :o (China Airmail to Australia)

Well packaged for the trip in strong styro and included a manual.
If all works out guess I will be needing more Rx's so I'll give this mob another go. I'm a happy little vegemite :lol: :lol:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Re: Hobby King Technology Ltd ????

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:42 am

I just noticed the US warehouse has stock of them...
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby pldb64 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:54 am

Don't be surprised if HK's supplies of T9X's start reducing markedly in the next few weeks. There is a rumour flying around (pardon the pun) that HK is about to release a new version of the 9X ... notionally described as the 9XR. Not a whole bunch of information about the Tx at this stage other than that it has been developed in-house by HK.

Supposedly it will still allow upgrades to use ER9X FW and is supposed to be a significant improvement over the 9X.

Time will tell! watch this space.
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Postby quarry44 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:11 am

I think one of the problems in the supply of the Turnigy's,is that most people buy several when they're in stock,and then try to sell them on at a profit.There are 3 or 4 on Trade me,a local auction site.
I actually bought 2 from HK myself,but purely as a precaution,in case 1 didn't work properly.I'll keep it salted away until I run out of model memories on the 1st one :mrgreen:
My mate has a Flysky,and it's exactly the same as the Turnigy,apart from minor difference in the case colour.The software is the same,and he had his tx converted to er9x.The rx's look exactly the same too.
quarry44

Postby Keith » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:03 am

I got 3 when they first came out. I used one as a test bed to try things out. One I use as my main Tx. And the last I sold on Ebay and got nearly all my money back... I luv em..
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:16 pm

I see one for sale on NZ's auction site for $295 -- I'm not kidding!
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby quarry44 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Yeah,I saw that one too,Bruce.Makes the one with Frsky a bargain at $245!
There are not too many modelers who are suckers.All the ones I know are ........erm,careful with their heard-earned.
I could have said tight,but that would be unkind,as I'm not prone to spending any more than I have to myself :mrgreen:
quarry44

Postby pldb64 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:34 pm

I'm tight - i got no problem saying it :-)
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)