Still waiting!

Do you have any general comments on the website or the RCModelReviews YouTube Channel? Post your complaints, your suggestions and your opinions here.

Still waiting!

Postby Yorkie » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:20 am

Hi Bruce,

Thankyou for your club videos, reviews and how-to videos I have gained a deal of knowledge and many hours entertaintment.

I am however a little disappointed in the seeming lack of promised material since you went "full time". I am still seriously considering donating to help you keep the information coming but a little reticent due to the slow output.

I will Probably warm up the PayPal account anyway!

Cheers
Yorkie

Re: Still waiting!

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:34 am

The material is coming -- but it's incredibly time-consuming to create even a small video.

For example, I have already spent over 60 hours just developing the FPV backpack -- and that's before I even start with the "how to" videos associated with that project.

And, to make matters worse, my flaky computers finally conked out completely at Easter so i've had to spend most of my "new camera" budget on replacing one of them and received the kind donation of another so that I can render and upload videos again.

That's probably not a bad thing -- my previous rendering computer took 7 hours to render a 15 minute video and during that time it was operating so slowly I couldn't even check my email with it.

Then sometimes things go wildly wrong -- as with the Nova Cyclops OSD RTL system -- which, after carefully installing in a model, turns out to be faulty. There goes a day of stuffing around for no result and $130 of the review budget down the toilet.

So it's not all wine and roses in review-land. In fact, it's damned hard work that produces (sometimes) very little to show for one's efforts.

And don't get me started on bad weather -- although (touch-wood) it's good at the moment so I'm making the most of it.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby cynr100 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:07 am

Hey Yorkie, donate anyway mate.
There is lots of usefull information on the forum and in rcmodelreviews.com it may not be yesterdays or lastweeks but it IS good info :D
Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Kris » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:32 pm

cynr100 wrote:Hey Yorkie, donate anyway mate.
There is lots of usefull information on the forum and in rcmodelreviews.com it may not be yesterdays or lastweeks but it IS good info :D
Dennis

I agree the videos are really informative and website is also interesting, give Bruce some time he will get it done.
Kris

Postby BigHarv » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:54 am

Bruce,

Great site and great videos. Your video on the FPV backpack got me so excited that I finally bit the bullet and decided to jump into FPV. I just purchased the Sony 600TVL camera, 5.8 Xmitr (Rx-5800-200-module) and 5.8 Rcvr (Rx-5800-dual) from Range Video), a Bluebeam whip antenna set from Readymade and 7" LCD from Amazon. I'll pick up the rest of the parts once you publish the BOM and make the PCB available.

I've already donated to the site in appreciation of all that I've learned thus far, but I'd be happy to donate more if it will move things along on the backpack. :lol:

Any ETA?

Thanks again for all your hard work.

BigHarv
BigHarv

Postby KWolter » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:49 am

Yes, Still waiting!, the title of this thread says a lot...

It might ease the frustration all around if Bruce were to back off on the promises of what's coming up, unless he's got the video shot and ready to roll, and just surprise us what comes up and what works out. As it stands the delivery to promise ratio isn't very good, which Iwould expect from a one-man show. However, what is delivered in the form of tips, how-to's, product reviews and the like is fantastic. Bruce knows his stuff!

So, my suggestion to Bruce would be to ease the pressure on himself, and from viewers waiting for the promised video, schematic, parts list and so on, by making fewer promises.
KWolter

Postby Keith » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Definately agree.....
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby rogueqd » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:26 pm

Well I've suggested the fewer promises thing myself, but in this case Bruce must be given a lot of understanding.

Have a look at Everyone please look at this and We're with you Bruce and especially watch Model aero club accused of trespassing on New Zealand's 3 News. You'll see that Bruce is doing much more for this hobby than making a few videos.

He'll finish them, but cut him some slack and wait patiently until he does.
rogueqd

Return to Feedback on this website