Ardupilot

If you want to see a product reviewed on RCModelReviews, make your suggestion here and, if there's enough interest, I'll see what I can do.

Ardupilot

Postby oeloe » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:46 pm

Ardupilot or maybe a Autopilot roundup would be appreciated.
donor!
oeloe

Re: Ardupilot

Postby dannyzz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Are you planning on getting an Ardupilot?
Here is a very brief review:
There is a lot more to the Ardupilot than most other autopilots because there are a huge amount of add ons. And you can pretty much integrate anything FPV into it it has an OSD, Antenna tracker, Telemetry and i believe the people at DIY Drones are looking into using the Globalstar satellite network for telemetry and sending commands to the Ardupilot. Once you get it tuned right for your plane it is very reliable and i have done fully autonomous 1km+ flights over dense bush with it (the telemetry drops out at 500m) and the picture went pretty fuzzy but it still worked flawlessly. Best advice I can give is read the instructions clearly. :D
dannyzz

Postby oeloe » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:59 am

I am looking for something that will take my aircraft home safe if I loose radio/video link when flying FPV. At least ;)
The Nova cyclops seems to be out of the question I guess.
FY31AP looks easy to install and all, but I don´t know what features I might need or want in the future.
ArduPilot is more(?) versatile but may need some soldering and/or basic programming skills. It also looks heavier than FY31AP?
donor!
oeloe

Postby dannyzz » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:44 am

The Ardupilot it on a single board so it would be lighter and it has no plastic cover.
You can use a program called mission planner which sets everything up for you so you don't need to program it for and it comes preassambled.
dannyzz

Postby chrisjunkie » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:56 pm

dannyzz wrote:The Ardupilot it on a single board so it would be lighter and it has no plastic cover.
You can use a program called mission planner which sets everything up for you so you don't need to program it for and it comes preassambled.

How old is your Ardupilot Danny? I have always wanted one but the cost shy'ed me away :cry:
chrisjunkie

Postby zann68 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:25 pm

oeloe wrote:

I am looking for something that will take my aircraft home safe if I loose radio/video link when flying FPV. At least ;)
The Nova cyclops seems to be out of the question I guess.
FY31AP looks easy to install and all, but I don´t know what features I might need or want in the future.
ArduPilot is more(?) versatile but may need some soldering and/or basic programming skills. It also looks heavier than FY31AP?

I use EagleTree Pro OSD & Data Logger. It brings my plan back everytime. Full “Return to Home” support, Built in Flight Simulator for testing Return to Home. I've been super pleased with it and they fully support it. Great Tech support. The other great thing I like I have been able to add features later on. I just added an Internal tempo senor and Optical RPM sensor. Plug and Play. They have list of addons that just plug on.
Calm down!! Gravity has been checked, and it's still working
zann68

Return to Suggest a review