AXN Trimming, Dual Rates and Expo

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Re: AXN Trimming, Dual Rates and Expo

Postby quarry44 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:15 am

Thanks for your input,shotglass,but it's still no go.If I clear the sw2 column,the H doesn't change.With the AIL in sw2 column,it appears to be working on the tx,but it's not translating to the model.I get the 50 in the weight column when I throw the AIL switch if I have AIL in both switch columns.
quarry44

Postby Shotglass » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:55 pm

hm thats weird
unfortunately i dont have my 9x here right now so i cant check if my method would work correctly (judging by eepe it should though)
Shotglass

Postby quarry44 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:30 pm

Sorted! 8-)
In Eepe,I needed to set the middle setting to 50 as well.I now have ailerons,rudder,and elevator all switching to dual rates with the AIL dual rate switch.No fumbling 3 switches to get dr's.YaaaaaaaaaY.
quarry44

Postby Hallmark » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:35 pm

quarry44 wrote:Sorted! 8-)
In Eepe,I needed to set the middle setting to 50 as well.I now have ailerons,rudder,and elevator all switching to dual rates with the AIL dual rate switch.No fumbling 3 switches to get dr's.YaaaaaaaaaY.

Cool mate well sorted indeed. Now the fun begins... :D
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby quarry44 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:22 am

Goshdurnit,I've still got it wrong.What i thought were dual rates was actually the expo changing the speed of movement,rather than the actual amount of travel!
What dumb clog sellers like me need are step by step instructions from scratch.Neither the er9x manual,nor the stock skyfly manual are much help here at all.I seemed to remember Bruce was going to do something like that,but I don't recall seeing it.
The only other computer radio i've ever owned was a Futaba FF7,and I only bought that because I couldn't get a standard 6-channel one at the time(1991).The only things I ever set on it were the dual rates and end points,couldn't fathom out the rest,so i happily ignored it.
Unfortunately,this is not an option now,so I have to learn to get on with er9x.
quarry44

Postby quarry44 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:31 am

Mmmmm,I may have solved my problem.I had the dual rates for all 3 flying services set to the aileron d/r switch.
I have found this does not work,unless you program it in on another channel,e.g.,a separate mix.
When i set each surface to their own respective d/r switch,the rates worked perfectly.
So to have them all on 1 switch,you need to program those 3 channels onto another free channel,and mix that with the switch you want.I know I'm confusing the heck out of everybody,myself included,but if you watch the you tube video of rogueqd where he mixes in a rotary pot,you get the idea.
As an aside,I have a spare memory position set as a "test"model,to try out anything new,without destroying my actual model settings.Once I find something works the way i want it,i copy the settings to the required model.
Glad I'm at last getting my head around er9x ,and the Eepe program. :D
quarry44

Postby Hallmark » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:21 am

quarry44 wrote:Glad I'm at last getting my head around er9x ,and the Eepe program. :D

That's great news mate, well done and I hope to hear you're flying and enjoying the AXN and your Tx now... :D
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby quarry44 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:03 pm

The AXN has had it's first flights,and I'm rapt with it.It has an incredible speed envelope,from dawdling to "where did it go".Another plus is the one piece construction,just fit the battery and go.
My mate was impressed too,and I've ordered him an AXN,which is on it's way. 8-)
quarry44

Postby Hallmark » Tue May 01, 2012 5:29 am

Welcome to the club brother... 8-)
Hallmark

Previous

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)