I have a Turnigy 1300mah lipo,25c-35c,which has only had 4 or5 use cycles.I accidentally left the voltage beeper on the balance plug when putting it in my safety bag.I didn't get around to charging batts for a couple of days,and when I took the battery out of the bag,the beeper's lights had all gone red.
When checking the battery,I got these results:cell1-3.17v,cell2-3.17v-cell3 4.12v.
I thought I might save it by using the chargers discharge function,so I did that,let the battery rest for a couple of hours,then tried a charge.The results were not pretty:
Cell1-3.98,cell2-3.98-cell3-4.55v!.I've never seen such a high voltage in 1 cell(in all my 6 months of lipo ownership
I even tried discharging again,and slowly charging to 9.9v using the Nimh setting,as I had been told that can sometimes save a bad lipo.Then charged up to full capacity again using lipo setting.same result as above.
I know I can't expect much from a $7 battery,but want to avoid this sort of cock-up in the future.
Is this battery ok to keep for testing,etc,or should I chuck it in the bin?