Need help setting up ESC

Helicopter-specific issues relating to the electronics in your bird

Need help setting up ESC

Postby wallcrawler » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:51 pm

I have T-rex 450 clone with the Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver (Mode 2) (v2 Firmware),Flymentor 3D helicopter stabilisation System and H-King 60A Brushless Speed Controller. I can get the servos to work fine,but the motor won't run. I've tried the motor on another Helicopter and it works fine. The throttle shows its working in the display and tried re calibrating the Tx levers. Not sure where to go next? The esc won't recognize the tx throttle.
wallcrawler

Re: Need help setting up ESC

Postby cynr100 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:49 pm

Had a similar situ with a 450 clone (now dead) came down to low battery voltage, had been working on it for so long forgot to charge the battery.
I don't know how it is done on your Tx but check your throttle "kill" and "Idleup" setups, channel reverses, throttle & pitch curves.
Above all take ALL the rotors off until you get it sorted.
You have probably done all this and I'm just being a pain with my limited knowledge, but thats my 2p and I hope it helps.

Dennis :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby wallcrawler » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:17 pm

I've tried setting throttle curve at 0 50 65 85 100, like some one suggested. Tried re calibrating the levers. Have the program card and tried different settings. Tried just setting up system with out Flymentor. Still motor won't turn. Esc beeps twice and then three time for battery cell, then nothing.
wallcrawler

Postby cynr100 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:21 am

The ESC may be waiting for Min and Max throttle positions, not sure on yours but there are ones out there that require this.
Hopefully you have your rotors and flybar off before trying this.
All Tx knobs switches etc to neutral or off, power on Tx, move throttle to full. Power on the ESC (makes sure you have everything strapped down just in case :shock: ) allow the ESC to do its power test, battery test. If you now have additional tones move the throttle to off, again you should hear more tones. Power down ESC and Tx, now turn it all back on.

wallcrawler wrote:I've tried the motor on another Helicopter and it works fine.

Are you able to test your Tx settings on this unit and/or swap the ESC from this to the new vehicle :?: . This may eliminate the ESC as being at fault or not.

Do you have a manual for your Tx or are you lucky and running er9X 8-)

Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby wallcrawler » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Found the problem. I wired the bec into the wrong channel, looks like in the manual should be in bat channel - but should be in channel three. Noob mistake. :D :roll: :oops:
wallcrawler

Postby cynr100 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:11 pm

Yay.................. :D :D
cynr100

Return to Radios, Gyros, Servos