GoPro most unhelpful

Discussion on reviews of model accessories, and hardware (props, undercarriages, tachometers, starters, glue -- you name it!)

Re: GoPro most unhelpful

Postby bmsweb » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:17 am

I actually purchased my GoPro through ebay as I was already aware of their shipping cost! Mind you their quick release clip broke and they sent me the replacement via regular airmail :)
bmsweb

Postby jpreou » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:11 am

I bought a GoPro 960 from a place in ChCh which was about $300 or so. I used it in Raro for underwater snorkelling and now use it for skydiving. It will no doubt find its way to underneath my Trex 550e at some point :-)
jpreou

Postby Laurie Carroll » Tue May 01, 2012 11:29 am

Hi...FYI..
"They also report every consignment of taxable value to Customs" as they are required to do by NZ Law and it is all their consignments too.....applies to the airline/freight forwarders etc...I used to work in this business... any infractions incur hefty fines...or revocation of their bond store licence... My educated guess is that GoPro have a contract with Fedex to do their distribution.....You will get the same thing happening with USPS Global Priority service.... as a rule of thumb if the "Landed" cost of the goods into NZ is NZD400.00 or more then you are liable to GST and or any duties..

"Landed cost" is the total of the purchase price plus shipping and insurance..as a rule of thumb..hmmmm packaging at the origin could get tied into that as well...

Also my experience in buying from the USA is that you can get a discounted price of "suggested retail from the manufacturer" buy getting it from a dealer rather than GoPro themselves..who then may have other suitable shipping options available...Kind of surprised you wanted to get it from the maker...

BTW I have found that USPS Global Priority is faster than Fedex...and cheaper I think.....Regards....Laurie
Laurie Carroll

Previous

Return to Accessories and hardware