throttle curve

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

throttle curve

Postby hydroskim11 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:18 pm

what is this ajustment for and how will it affect the aircraft. :?: :?:
hydroskim11

Re: throttle curve

Postby cynr100 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:48 pm

Not normally used on basic fixed wing, required for helis to match rotor speed (hence torque) to pitch curve according to Tx stick position.
Normal throttle follows a linear pattern, smooth and even transition from 0 to 100%. Applying a throttle curve can compress or expand throttle percentage in a given stick movement. :D
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Thu May 03, 2012 1:13 pm

cynr100 wrote:Not normally used on basic fixed wing, required for helis to match rotor speed (hence torque) to pitch curve according to Tx stick position.
Normal throttle follows a linear pattern, smooth and even transition from 0 to 100%. Applying a throttle curve can compress or expand throttle percentage in a given stick movement. :D

Wow! I had no idea you has all that smarts... :P
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:53 pm

I only have a small amount, but spread it like Pecks Paste "a little goes a long way" :lol: :lol:

Spend a lot of time on my heli before it bit into me. Throttle and pitch curves were essential for stable flight, had to be set to ensure you had sufficient torque and head speed. Pitch curve generally started at 50% throttle you then adjusted the curves according to your ability. Very much like using D/R, "slow curves" for easier control, "fast curves" for experts and radical flying. ;)
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby rogueqd » Mon May 14, 2012 7:50 am

I've also used a throttle curve to limit my ESC Amps. I had a 25A ESC on hand but was waiting on a 40A which the plane really needed, so I used a curve to limit my throttle until the bigger ESC arrived.
rogueqd

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)