Camera - keychain

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Camera - keychain

Postby AltechMYOB » Thu May 03, 2012 2:09 pm

Bruce... maybe a new Forum under Electronics and Radios for non-FPV cameras? Or somewhere else.

FYI

Quote from Bruce on his You Tube Channel
"#11 keychain camera (HD) but there's now a #16 which I'll be reviewing soon"

My post...
"YAAAAAAY! At last, a H.264 version! (supposed to be)
Sick em Bruce! I want proof that they're using that codec!
$46 Au delivered by the one seller on eBay that came up in a quick search.
To the unfamiliar that's the compression used on the video stream... used in
Bluray."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claims made on eBay by that seller... I must say it does sound to good to be true -

"What’s special about this new 808 #16 camera?

1. Sometimes you may don’t want 720P recording to save battery and memory card capacity, now you can toggle video output frame size from 1280x720 30fps (default), to 848x480 30fps, or 640x480 30fps.

2. Low battery buzzing artifact in video -Gone!

3. A connector added for the internal battery, making it changeable by users who don’t like soldering. You don’t have to throw your camera away when the battery dies. You just need a new battery and change it!

4. A connector added to the lens/sensor module, make it possible to replace or upgrade it when new module's available.

5. New Lens and totally new circuit board design. You will see below improvements in video:

- Overall sharpness: improved

- White balance control / color shifting issue: improved

- Saturation / and contrast boost issue: colors look much more natural now

- Darker corner/edge vignetting issue: improved

6. You only need one Standard USB Data cable for charging and data exchange with your computer. You don’t need another special charging cable to record videos while charging. Just one cable is OK.

7. It supports audio volume control, and you can even get it mute to save battery and helps to increase the recording time when the audio is not needed, it can be set by TXT config tool.

8. It supports optional Loop Recording; it can be set by TXT config tool.

9. You can set the date and time (white much smaller on the lower left corner), and toggle the date/time stamp on or off, by TXT config tool.

1. Optional AVI output: we also have another firmware option available which will output .AVI file format, using the same H.264 codec, and it offers seamless recording (there is no lost video between clips). If you need it, please send a message to us, and we will send it to you by email.

1. And more. Please find more details in the PDF manual. And of course on RC Forum Tom Frank’s great thread, you will find lots of helpful information there.

1. When you work as pc camera, do not need to insert TF card, just power on, and then connect PC would be ok."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But wait, there's more... clearly I'm out of touch!

"The New #18 HD Keychain Camera with AV Out"...

... record AND give video out at the same time! - :mrgreen:

Claims by eBay seller for this model -

"Features:

1. Record 20 minutes close-and-continue, Circulating/looping video when the card is full.

2. Make the Time stamps Font small, displayed on the lower right corner.

3. Add the TV-OUT function. it can video, play video/audio on TV.

4. After being connected to TV, the key operation as follows:

A. When camera is in Standby mode, it can preview or playback

by short-pressing the Power button.

And it can be turned off by long-pressing the Power key.

B. In the preview state, press the shutter button, the video starts or stops.

When the cam is recording, red dot flashes slowly on the top left corner of TV.

C.In the playback state, video and photo files are played automatically,
press the shutter button to move to the next video or photo.

5. Low battery buzzing artifact in video -Gone

6. White balance control has been improved.

7. LED does not flash when shooting/recording."

but... :(
There's lots more to read on this model on RC Groups...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... stcount=16
AltechMYOB

Re: Camera - keychain

Postby quarry44 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:37 pm

$46???.Must be a REAL good one,my #3 cost around $8.And that included an 8gb card.Have yet to try it though,maybe I bought a pig in a poke :D
In any case,it's just a toy,so I'm not willing to spend any more on it.
quarry44

Postby cynr100 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:59 pm

Want to know a lot more about your 808 and how to identify a #3 or #11, #7, #12 etc etc

http://chucklohr.com/808/

Have seen mention of #18 around US$40+, now we also have the 909?

I have a #5(HK), wish I had a #3, buyer beware because outwardly they are all indistinguishable. :shock:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby pldb64 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:41 pm

eletoponline365 is ebay seller name of the original manufacturer of the #11, #16 and more recent 1080p HD editions of the keychain cameras (although the later has issues at the moment apparentely).

RCG have very extensive threads (read impossible to keep up with) on all variants of the cameras as well as lists of recognised sellers (there are a number of instances of others selling fakes). These threads always have the latest versions of firmware in teh first few postings so well worth a quick read of the the first page of the thread.

I have a #16 and i'm happy with that. Apparently the current #16 has a wider AOV than previously sold. This is now consistent with teh AOV that the #11 originally had that people didn't like about the #16 originally.
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Postby AltechMYOB » Fri May 04, 2012 6:54 am

cynr100 wrote:Want to know a lot more about your 808 and how to identify a #3 or #11, #7, #12 etc etc

http://chucklohr.com/808/

Have seen mention of #18 around US$40+, now we also have the 909?

I have a #5(HK), wish I had a #3, buyer beware because outwardly they are all indistinguishable. :shock:

Thanks for posting the link... I'd lost it. I think Bruce mentioned it in a video or on this board but when I wanted it I couldn't find it...

cheers
AltechMYOB

Postby AltechMYOB » Fri May 04, 2012 8:12 am

pldb64 wrote:eletoponline365 is ebay seller name of the original manufacturer of the #11, #16 and more recent 1080p HD editions of the keychain cameras (although the later has issues at the moment apparentely).

hmm...
I've been keeping an eye out for a source or close-to-source on eBay due to all the fake and faulty units circulating... how sure are you that this seller is the OEM?

pldb64 wrote:RCG have very extensive threads (read impossible to keep up with)...

Absolutely... after 2hrs reading I had to go get other stuff done...

pldb64 wrote:I have a #16 and i'm happy with that. Apparently the current #16 has a wider AOV than previously sold. This is now consistent with teh AOV that the #11 originally had that people didn't like about the #16 originally.

Yes... after all the reading I did the current #16 does appear to be the current champ. :)
AltechMYOB

Postby John_Edward » Fri May 04, 2012 11:49 am

Here is a comparison between 11 and 16 by techmoan - http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2011/12/25 ... amera.html
Humanity is conformity
Conformity is society
Society is this reality
John_Edward

Postby pldb64 » Sat May 05, 2012 3:37 am

AltechMYOB wrote:
pldb64 wrote:eletoponline365 is ebay seller name of the original manufacturer of the #11, #16 and more recent 1080p HD editions of the keychain cameras (although the later has issues at the moment apparentely).

hmm...
I've been keeping an eye out for a source or close-to-source on eBay due to all the fake and faulty units circulating... how sure are you that this seller is the OEM?

100% - info is taken directly from the RCG thread about the camera. The first 4-5 posts in that thread hold all they pot date info including the list of recognized sellers. The one I've mentioned is also recognized as the manufacturer.
pldb64

Postby pldb64 » Sat May 05, 2012 3:39 am

"all they pot date" should read "all the up to date" - damn auto correction!!
pldb64

Postby AltechMYOB » Sat May 05, 2012 11:24 am

pldb64 wrote:100% - info is taken directly from the RCG thread about the camera. The first 4-5 posts in that thread hold all they pot date info including the list of recognized sellers. The one I've mentioned is also recognized as the manufacturer.

'thar she blows' - seller added to fav... thanks for that, cheers.

pldb64 wrote:"all they pot date" should read "all the up to date" - damn auto correction!!

lol... something else on yer mind at the time? - 8-)
AltechMYOB

Next

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks