Another Noobie

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Re: Another Noobie

Postby WildWill » Thu May 03, 2012 4:35 am

Got the new vTx in the mail a few days ago and was able to get out to 3 miles at 700ft before losing video. From what i understand that is the most that I will be able to get with my current antenna set-up. I am upgrading my antennas tomorrow. I'll be using a cloverleaf and a crosshair antenna together via the Oracle diversity receiver to get better range. I also need to try doing a bit of shielding to get better reception.

Will be attending the FPV meet this Saturday, should learn a lot there.
WildWill

Postby WildWill » Sun May 06, 2012 6:59 am

Went to the FPV meet toady and had a blast!! Got the Skywalker up in the air and fly up to this mountain top. I have a cargo trailer with a big screen tv mounted on a stand inside. On the second video which I'll post here in a bit you can hear the people inside the trailer talking. Really great stuff and everyone had a total blast.

Here is the first video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzRS8jC3LjM&hd=1
WildWill

Postby WildWill » Sun May 06, 2012 3:07 pm

Here is the second and IMO better video. It starts out with looking at the back of another camera but bear with it. I switch to that camera every once in a while so that the viewer can get a feel for the sound of the motor and wind, and catch a glimpse of the hd video on the edges... :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHikkPPjPwI&hd=1

Hope you guys like it!
WildWill

Postby cynr100 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:48 am

Nice work WW, Hallmark will be jealous ;) :lol: :lol: I know I am :mrgreen:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Mon May 07, 2012 4:39 am

WildWill wrote:I have a cargo trailer with a big screen tv mounted on a stand inside.

WHAT???? :shock:

I sooooo want one of these... (Turns to SWMBO and says, "Hey honey where would you like to go for dinner? I have an idea to run past you and you might just like it..."
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby WildWill » Mon May 07, 2012 4:50 am

Haha, thanks guys. The TV was great for all the people there hanging out watching. We had the trailer stocked with snacks and drinks and had a few chairs in there to sit in. Made for a nice place to chill out. I on the other hand was very relaxed outside in my new FPV lawnchair. I got a chair that goes way back to really relax, I was just about asleep out there while flying. :D

I went out again this evening just before the sun went in and got a bit further distance. Hitting 4.5 miles now.

http://youtu.be/P27N5lOlZyQ
WildWill

Postby Hallmark » Mon May 07, 2012 4:55 am

I think I feel a new bromance starting... :lol:
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby cynr100 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:58 am

Me thinks there is money to be made.............. :idea: ....................snacks,drinks, hot dogs, meat pies..hmmmmmmm 8-)

Could you imagine the red tape trying to set this up as a money making outdoor entertainment venture, 3 levels of government plus ? different departments :roll:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby cynr100 » Mon May 07, 2012 5:00 am

Hallmark wrote:I think I feel a new bromance starting... :lol:

:o ......... :shock: .............. :? ............... :cry: ............ :x ............ 8-) :lol: :lol:
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Mon May 07, 2012 5:05 am

cynr100 wrote:
Hallmark wrote:I think I feel a new bromance starting... :lol:

:o ......... :shock: .............. :? ............... :cry: ............ :x ............ 8-) :lol: :lol:

Fear not my trusty friend you will always be my first and favourite... :lol:
Hallmark

PreviousNext

Return to FPV