Cheap colour video monitors for FPV use

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Cheap colour video monitors for FPV use

Postby RONALD MCDONALD » Sat May 05, 2012 5:49 pm

On ebay there is a section called "spares or repair" where usually there are several potable DVD players for sale.
The best ones to look for are the ones described as " sometimes works" They may not play DVDs but they make excellent
video monitors. I bought two of these players for less than £10 each both came with batteries chargers and carrying cases.
A word of caution, not all players have video in sockets. Before bidding download the user manual and check if there is an
A/V in socket on the side.
Good Luck
RONALD MCDONALD

Re: Cheap colour video monitors for FPV use

Postby GTiDon » Tue May 08, 2012 6:30 am

I looked at many options, what worked out really nice for me was buying a cheap 15.5" LED TV, it has multiple inputs and HDMI. High resolution etc. Also runs on 12V! Gave it a test for 2 hours on a 3ah Lipo
Viewing becomes even brighter with the sun shining directly on the screen! I have not seen any of these small screens or laptop screens perform so well
GTiDon

Re: Cheap colour video monitors for FPV use

Postby mikerowe » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:02 am

GTiDon wrote:I looked at many options, what worked out really nice for me was buying a cheap 15.5" LED TV, it has multiple inputs and HDMI. High resolution etc. Also runs on 12V! Gave it a test for 2 hours on a 3ah Lipo
Viewing becomes even brighter with the sun shining directly on the screen! I have not seen any of these small screens or laptop screens perform so well

What model did you buy, if you don't mind me asking- Thanks
Mike
mikerowe

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks