Camera - HK "HD Wing Camera 1280x720p 30fps 5MP CMOS"

If you've been building electronic bits or modifying stuff you've bought then tell us all about it here. A good place to discuss the installation of 2.4GHz DIY modules too.

Camera - HK "HD Wing Camera 1280x720p 30fps 5MP CMOS"

Postby AltechMYOB » Thu May 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Just spotted this camera at HK, I'd not seen it before. Out of stock already.
Has some interesting features and reputedly can be made to both record AND put out AV at the same time... tho as an undocumented feature who knows if it will still work with the next batch of stock.

It seems the electronics is from an "RD32" sports camera based on the pdf files posted by users on the HK site.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _CMOS.html

"120 degree wide-angle HD camera lens,
5 Megapixels COMS sensor
Video resolution: 1280x720p 30fps
Selectable video quality: Superior/Standard/economic
Unique motion-detect recording function
Selectable motion-detect recording time: 10sec, 1min, 5min, 10min
Unique loop recording function
Photo resolution: 2560x1920 JPG
Built-in 850mAh Lipoly battery provides up to 3 hours of recording
Vibration alert support (Vibrates to confirm functions)
Memory slot: Transflash (Micro SD) support up to 32 GB
Size: 74mm x 28mm x 15mm
Weight: 29.4g
PC camera function
TV-OUT mode for Video play back and Funtion setup
TV-OUT modes Supports PAL/NTSC
USB2.0 "
AltechMYOB

Re: Camera - HK "HD Wing Camera 1280x720p 30fps 5MP CMOS"

Postby devilsfork » Fri May 11, 2012 3:56 am

Its been around for quite some time (about 1 year if not more). I own one and in my experience along with a friend who has the key chain. I can say that some of the cameras are good and some are not, when compared to the key chain. Bruce has both but prefers the key chain cam, but on the other hand I prefer the HD wing cam. I think that it simply depends, the Chinese quality control is not great as we all know, so the results are not very consistent. The down side is that they take up A LOT of memory compared to the key chain cam. I prefer the HD wing cam over my friends key chain cam :) Hope this helps anyone looking at them.
devilsfork

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri May 11, 2012 6:32 am

I'm using the HD wing-cam as "trannycam" in part 3 of the SpyHawk review. You can see for yourself what it looks like.

And the AV output us useless for FPV -- frame rate is far too slow and there's lots of lag.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby AltechMYOB » Fri May 11, 2012 2:29 pm

devilsfork wrote:Its been around for quite some time (about 1 year if not more).

DOH! :oops: Thought I'd found something new... I do seem to have on-going problems with the HK search engine. The same search on alternate days provides different hits even tho the (examples) were all there all the time. :?

RCModelReviews wrote:I'm using the HD wing-cam as "trannycam" in part 3 of the SpyHawk review. You can see for yourself what it looks like.

And the AV output us useless for FPV -- frame rate is far too slow and there's lots of lag.

lol... timely demonstration Bruce! Thanks for doing all that for little 'ol me. :mrgreen:

Soooooooo it's back to key-chain #16 then. Review please Bruce. Same response time if you please :lol:
AltechMYOB

Return to DIY Projects and Hacks