Another Noobie

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Re: Another Noobie

Postby joula » Wed May 09, 2012 9:45 am

WildWill, thanks for taking your time to record such informative videos. This seems a really good FPV setup and I learnt a lot. I am in the middle of moving to a new house which needs to be renewed. And after that I will see how much money I will have ;).

Does the Google sheet (what you posted on the first page) contain the items what you are using at this moment?
joula

Postby WildWill » Wed May 09, 2012 3:17 pm

I am not using the antenna tracker now and don't intend on using that. I may change my mind later on that though. Just keep in mind if you are thinking of using any of this as a template for purchase that I am a noob. That being said, the flight videos that I am posting are all from that setup.

I have added in the diversity controller to the setup with another lawmate receiver and the crosshair antenna. Now I have some directional reach as well as the omni reach of the skew planner. Up until a week ago I was just using the clover leaf on the plane and the skew planner on the ground.
WildWill

Postby WildWill » Wed May 09, 2012 3:18 pm

I am not using the antenna tracker now and don't intend on using that. I may change my mind later on that though. Just keep in mind if you are thinking of using any of this as a template for purchase that I am a noob. That being said, the flight videos that I am posting are all from that setup.

I have added in the diversity controller to the setup with another lawmate receiver and the crosshair antenna. Now I have some directional reach as well as the omni reach of the skew planner. Up until a week ago I was just using the clover leaf on the plane and the skew planner on the ground.
WildWill

Postby WildWill » Thu May 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Just thought I'd post a picture. Moved my replay camera out onto the wing.

WildWill

Postby WildWill » Fri May 11, 2012 4:47 am

I came very close to losing the plane in the ocean today. FY31 saved my butt once more with stabilization mode until I sorted out my trim issue. Turned out to be a nice flight despite the rough beginning and a huge loop over the water...

http://youtu.be/CcuvOJa4220?hd=1
WildWill

Postby cynr100 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:19 am

Another piece of brilliance, little scary for the passengers at the start :shock: but great work. HM will be jealous :D.
Beautifull country, somewhere in Nth America :?:
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Hallmark » Fri May 11, 2012 6:05 am

cynr100 wrote:Another piece of brilliance, little scary for the passengers at the start :shock: but great work. HM will be jealous :D.

So want to get up FPVing!!! :(
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Postby Jolly-Swagman » Fri May 11, 2012 6:09 am

WildWill wrote:I came very close to losing the plane in the ocean today. FY31 saved my butt once more with stabilization mode until I sorted out my trim issue. Turned out to be a nice flight despite the rough beginning and a huge loop over the water...

Great Flight there WildWill
Jolly-Swagman

Postby joula » Fri May 11, 2012 6:47 am

WildWill wrote:I came very close to losing the plane in the ocean today. FY31 saved my butt once more with stabilization mode until I sorted out my trim issue. Turned out to be a nice flight despite the rough beginning and a huge loop over the water...

Viewing the video it seemed a little difficult to land against the sun but you made it very easily.
joula

Postby WildWill » Fri May 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Thanks for the compliments guys!

cynr100, that is the the Puget Sound. I fly out of Sequim Washington USA.
WildWill

PreviousNext

Return to FPV