GoodluckBuy never fail to disappoint

Had good or bad service from a supplier, online store or hobby shop? Share your experiences here.

GoodluckBuy never fail to disappoint

Postby RCModelReviews » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:13 am

After my last order fiasco, GLB offered to refund the cost of the damaged circuit board by way of points -- they also promised that they were improving their systems -- so I figured I'd give them some time and try again later.

Well today I went to make a small purchase to see if they've improved, only to discover that there is no way to redeem the points they refunded me.

So GLB -- still stay WAY CLEAR and I'm getting the feeling this will never change.

I tried to contact them through their website but ended up getting a message from their website that said "Mailer Error: SMTP Error: Data not accepted"

Sigh!
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: GoodluckBuy never fail to disappoint

Postby Keith » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:33 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:After my last order fiasco, GLB offered to refund the cost of the damaged circuit board by way of points -- they also promised that they were improving their systems -- so I figured I'd give them some time and try again later.

Well today I went to make a small purchase to see if they've improved, only to discover that there is no way to redeem the points they refunded me.

So GLB -- still stay WAY CLEAR and I'm getting the feeling this will never change.

I tried to contact them through their website but ended up getting a message from their website that said "Mailer Error: SMTP Error: Data not accepted"

Sigh!

I've seen on other forums Bruce where others have got straight through by using skype. They had tried email and got no where. All were happy with the results using skype. I have had no reason to contact them myself...
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby T3PRanch » Mon May 14, 2012 9:13 pm

The title states my experience with them as well. As a general rule most small Chinese companies do not understand customer service at all!

Thurmond
T3PRanch

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue May 15, 2012 12:12 am

Well call me a tiger for punishment but last week I placed another small order with them to see how the service is going.

I ordered a couple of 433MHz RF boards that look like they might make a great DIY long-range FPV RC link.

So far, nothing's shipped but they promised it would ship today so we'll wait and see.
RCModelReviews

Postby T3PRanch » Tue May 15, 2012 4:28 pm

You too Bruce? It is always a crap shoot with GoodLuckBuy and DealExtreme but I keep going back for more. I just figure on about a 50% return on investment (50% is junk with serious problems). As an example I bought a Quad Copter Kit for about $130 US and two motors have bad bearings with excessive end play after only three flights.

Thurmond extreem
T3PRanch

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue May 15, 2012 10:37 pm

Didn't ship so I emailed them back.

"out of stock -- wait 4 more days"

Yeah, right!
RCModelReviews

Postby oeloe » Thu May 17, 2012 10:40 pm

I have made 10 orders this year and all of them arrived(In Sweden) within 20 days, most within 14 days. Im lucky I guess =)
donor!
oeloe

Postby RCModelReviews » Fri May 18, 2012 9:15 am

Well my order has shipped -- fingers crossed and wait for the unboxing when it arrives ;-)
RCModelReviews

Postby AltechMYOB » Sun May 20, 2012 3:46 pm

oeloe wrote:I have made 10 orders this year and all of them arrived(In Sweden) within 20 days, most within 14 days. Im lucky I guess =)

Perhaps we should send them a platter of Swiss cheese with an order :lol: - nothing else seems to work, and I've got NO hope of learning the language! (either :lol: )
AltechMYOB

Postby sh4nce » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:04 pm

I had no big issues with goodluckbuy except for a single item that didn't correspond to the product picture/description. A quad controller (the kk multicopter thing) that came with an incompatible programmer. On the product website it shows a good one. Just bought another one elsewhere. The controller board itself was fine anyway.

Yesterday I wasn't able to buy anything from their website. The captcha picture on the website didn't render so I couldn't login, register or checkout my order as a guest. Today all is fine again. They must have missed quite a lot of orders that way.
sh4nce

Next

Return to Where to buy (and not to buy)