T9x used as Master and HK T6a as Slave

Discussion on the reviews of 2.4GHz radios, modules and receivers that have appeared on RCModelReviews..com

T9x used as Master and HK T6a as Slave

Postby Cico63 » Tue May 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi, I've a problem with Trainer (Master-Slave) function.
My T9x (used as Master) seems to do not accept input from my HK T6a (it is a 6ch, modified to be used for Training in both Master and Slave mode and used as Slave).
My T6a (used as Master) succesfully accept input from the T9x (used as Slave).

I've verified, from T6a the PPM signal is correctly generated.

Both radio are configured in Mode 3, both are V2 version and T9x has the original firmware.
When in Master mode (i.e. it wait for external PPM signal), on the DSC plug on T9x there is a fixed +5V signal. Is it normal?

What should be appened? Is it possible that T9x do not accept a PPM with less than 8 channel?

Anyone has used this radio as Trainer (not for simulation on PC but for fly teaching...)? What is the correct sequence to setup it as Master? The manual is really poor on this.

Thanks

Cico
Cico63

Re: T9x used as Master and HK T6a as Slave

Postby Shotglass » Tue May 22, 2012 7:06 pm

do you still use the original 2.4ghz modules that came with it? it sounds like the trainer port issue that can happen when those are installed
look for the 9x ppm fix (basically soldering a 1k resistor into it) and see if that helps
preferably you should do the method that places the resistor in the module instead of inside the radio so you wont have to undo the mod if you ever decide to change to another 2.4 system (plus it easier as you wont have to unscrew as much)
Shotglass

Postby Cico63 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:41 pm

I did it, but none changed....

Pls note, my problem is when the T9x is used as Master.... the suggested mod is necessary to use it as Slave or to connect the radio to the pc.

Can you tell me if also in your radio there is a +5V on the DSC contact when you use it as Master? It looks very strange to me...

HELP!!!!!!!

Thanks
Cico63

Postby Cico63 » Wed May 30, 2012 2:04 pm

Updated info:
checked PPMin signal level (4,8 VPP) and PPMin signal timing (the exact same of the PPMout originated by T9x), then I confirm that the PPMin signal is OK.
Checked the path of PPMin on the PCB, it arrives to the correct pin of the processor (i've checked, it is surely the PPMin, it agrees the Slave radio stick movement).

The last chance is that the T9x reject the PPMin due "is not a 8 channel signal" or the processor has that pin failed....

Someone has used this radio as Master with a slave with less than 8 channels?

Thank.

Cico
Cico63

Postby Nedra Bosco » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:40 pm

I'm using a T9x as master and a HK T6a as slave. I've been using the same settings for both units, but the slave will start flashing in certain sequences. The master seems to be working fine, but can't get the slave to work properly. kết quả xổ số
Nedra Bosco

Postby Whitneyodriguez » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:20 am

What is the most painful part of fractions? It's getting their denominators correct. Trying to multiply two fractions and ending up with a Online fraction calculator. What is the most useful? It's doing things quicker with an online fraction calculator.
Whitneyodriguez

Return to 2.4GHz radios/modules/receivers