Fun, (might be) Smart, and Useless

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Postby X-Man » Wed May 30, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi,

I need this forum's kind assistance.
I want to build something for fun, where I will take a 2.4GHz RC, and by movung the stick/switch,
I want that a corresponding LED and/or MOTOR and/or Vibration Motor (like in cell phones batteries)
will be "activated".
Well I guess I can buy a RC KIT, and dissasemble it, hopefully the outputs will be with sufficient power out
for the minimal necessary power in of the LED and/or MOTOR and/or Vibration Motor.

Your kind advice and assistance will be appreciated....

Thanking you in advance.

X-Man
X-Man

Re: Fun, (might be) Smart, and Useless

Postby Aussie Joe » Thu May 31, 2012 9:13 am

I hope its not for a IED.
"Photonicinduction" One man and a plug socket = Mayhem. http://www.youtube.com/user/Photonvids?feature=watch
Aussie Joe

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu May 31, 2012 9:23 am

Aussie Joe wrote:I hope its not for a IED.

You only need a bit of string for that.
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby X-Man » Thu May 31, 2012 6:44 pm

It was a crule joke about the IED.
The one that make them unfortinately know everything they need to know.

I am planning some fun project with the kids, and really asking for advice and assistance on this manner.
Kindly advice and reply....
X-Man

Postby Malcurin » Thu May 31, 2012 6:59 pm

Hobbyking sell switches that can be activated with your transmitter, you just need a free channel on the receiver, is that the kind of thing you want?
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Postby X-Man » Thu May 31, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi Malcurin,

I have very little knowledge, and instead of being Zombis in the TV, I want to do some fun with the kids.
For example, with their eyes covered, I wand to take a RC with receivers, and to put in their output maybe buzzers.
When I will move the forward stick (on the RC), the corrresponding (Foreward) buzzer will make sound, and the kid
will know he have to go forward. Same for Back, Right (on right hand), and Left (on left hand).
I want to buy non-expensive (but not too poor/cheap) RC and recievers, and make a "Fun" (Smart and Useless) project
with the kids (should be great for parties as well).
Please advice how can I do it, or even better is there on-the-shelf kits, with "flexible" output, that I can connect
LED/Buzzer/small-Motor, etc'?

Kindly advice,

X-Man
X-Man

Postby BillGriffiths100 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:58 pm

It was a crule joke about the IED.

On Teaching

No man can reveal to you aught but that which already lies half asleep in the dawning of your knowledge.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of his wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

The astronomer may speak to you of his understanding of space, but he cannot give you his understanding.

The musician may sing to you of the rhythm which is in all space, but he cannot give you the ear which arrests the rhythm nor the voice that echoes it.

And he who is versed in the science of numbers can tell of the regions of weight and measure, but he cannot conduct you thither.

For the vision of one man lends not its wings to another man.

Kahlil Gibran
Compromising with out of control government is like living with a lion, sooner or later the bloody thing will eat you .

You accept the tyranny of the state when it's not being applied to you, when it is: it's too late.
BillGriffiths100

Postby Aussie Joe » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:19 am

X-Man wrote:It was a crule joke about the IED.

I am planning some fun project with the kids, and really asking for advice and assistance on this manner.
Kindly advice and reply....

National Security is no joke!!! Not to long ago there was a incident where a person with a RC jet was going to attempt to use it for "evil intentions"

Its the young homegrown wannabes that can bring shame to the RC communities if somthing gos bad.

To me your original description (and the first in this forum) on "use" was very vague, ...QUOTE, I want that a corresponding LED and/or MOTOR and/or Vibration Motor (like in cell phones batteries) will be "activated". UNQUOTE.

If your original post said......

I am planning some fun project (lego,barbie house/car) with the kids, and really asking for advice and assistance on this manner.
Kindly advice and reply.......

My reply would have been very different, maybe I should have ask more questions before thinking the worst.

Please accept my apologies if I am wrong, its just that I have been in this hobby since the 1980s and may have another 50years left, thats if my freedom isn't taken away by poeple with evel intentions.

Cheers
joe
"Photonicinduction" One man and a plug socket = Mayhem. http://www.youtube.com/user/Photonvids?feature=watch
Aussie Joe

Postby X-Man » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:57 am

Dear Joe,

I appreciate, your concern, which is mutual, and perfectly understood.
I hate these S.O.Bs as much as you, all that are taking technologies and using it for destruction and damage (e.g. cell phones for I.E.D - I sow it on TV)
I do want to do the "Fun, Smart, and Useless" project, but not sure exactly what to do.
How can I give (only to) you privatelly my private home e-mail, or talk with you directly in order to eliminate your (justified) concerns?

Cordially,
X-Man
X-Man

Postby Aussie Joe » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:21 am

X-Man,

You can click on my name and then use the "send private message" feature to send me a private message if you wish to.
Aussie Joe

Next

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)