Turnigy 9X range

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

Turnigy 9X range

Postby Bazzarevhead » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:49 am

Hi Bruce, are you able to give an accurate estimate of the range of a 9X transmitter to receiver? That is, how far away would a plane be when a signal would be lost, assuming line of sight was ok and required voltage of TX and RX was also ok?
Bazzarevhead

Re: Turnigy 9X range

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:02 am

I haven't tested the stock 9X 2.4GHz system for range (because it has no failsafe so I can't use the RTL on my FPV to safely bring the model back once it goes out of range).

However, based on the chipset being used I'd say that you ought to get at least 2Kms (1.3 miles) or so in the air.

The FrSky system is good for a very reliable 2.5Kms and can, if conditions are right, reach 4.5Kms - albeit you'll be dropping in and out of failsafe quite regularly at that distance.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby Malcurin » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:42 am

Friend of mine just did a YouTube video of driving in a car with someone wiggling the sticks and got 1.1 km not line of sight on a 9x with a Hobbyking V2 6 channel receiver ( was over a hill and i think through a house at the time) that impressed me considering he got 450 meters with a spektrum on the same piece of road :)
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Postby Bazzarevhead » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Bruce many thanks for a quick reply!! I have a FrSky kit which I'm about to install with the invaluable help of your video from a while back. I always keep up with your sites and have learnt a great deal of info that other reviewers or sellers seem to assume is common knowledge....we all have to start from scratch at some stage...example just getting the correct setting to charge a lipo was very helpful. Keep up the good work, I was happy to make a financial contribution recently simply because you're not biased and your opinion justifiably is widely respected. Regards, Barry (Australia).
Bazzarevhead

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)