I can't get no satisfaction

Chew the fat on any non-RC subject. It's a free-for-all but common rules of decency do apply so act like adults and don't embarrass yourself by trolling or cuss'n.

I can't get no satisfaction

Postby FlyingTiger » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:26 pm

My wife and I didn't have a lot on our schedule today and knowing that a couple of vintage warbirds were visiting the local airport, she said let's go. As we're driving and getting closer, I think to myself that my 65th birthday is next week, so cost be darned, I would take a ride in the very rare 2-seat Curtis P-40 Warhawk, my favorite plane of all time. We get there just as the B-17, Liberty Belle, is landing. I go around talking to the members of the Liberty Foundation, the restorers of these great planes and I ask when the P-40 is returning. Oh, woe is me, the pilot is active duty air force and couldn't get the weekend off so the P-40 is home in the hangar. Well, maybe for my next 65th birthday.

800px-Curtiss_P-40E_Warhawk_2_USAF.jpg
800px-Curtiss_P-40E_Warhawk_2_USAF.jpg (85.67 KiB) Viewed 10415 times
Gear up and locked!
FlyingTiger

Re: I can't get no satisfaction

Postby zann68 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:13 am

Happy Birthday!! to you. Sorry to hear you missed out on a ride a P-40. That would be a great gift!
Calm down!! Gravity has been checked, and it's still working
zann68

Postby quarry44 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Happy Birthday,FT.The nz airforce had a bunch of Kittyhawks,and the story goes round that those kitty's killed more pilots than the enemy.
It appears they needed a good bit of speed for take-off,which is where many inexperienced pilots came to grief.
quarry44

Postby FlyingTiger » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:29 pm

quarry44 wrote:Happy Birthday,FT.The nz airforce had a bunch of Kittyhawks,and the story goes round that those kitty's killed more pilots than the enemy.
It appears they needed a good bit of speed for take-off,which is where many inexperienced pilots came to grief.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.
As with any piloting, RC or full scale, experience is key.
Gear up and locked!
FlyingTiger

Return to Non-RC