9x tx $8 battery mod

Here's an area where you can ask any kind of question about RC models and find a whole lot of useful information to help you get started.

9x tx $8 battery mod

Postby mysterion8 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:54 am

Hi everyone I have read a lot on this site however this is my first post.

I just bought a turnigy 9x transmitter, ANX plane, frsky dht-u, batteries to do the $8 battery mod, couple receivers.
My problem is I get a volt Reading of 1.1 and the low voltage warning peeping .
I checked the voltage at the battery holder wire plug and get 11.4 volts.
I tried the 2 cell battery pack and get same reading.
I'm thinking of cutting the speaker wire.
Everything else seams to work transmitter binds and powers the servos, motor fine.
Any advice would be appreciated.
mysterion8

Re: 9x tx $8 battery mod

Postby Malcurin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:23 am

Simple answer before you do, check out how to upgrade it to ER8x first and if your capable to for the Mod to do so, it lets you set the voltage of the transmitter to show the correct level of the battery, Plus it makes the 9X a lot better and configurable http://9xforums.com is where is can be found Its well worth it the Soldering the 6 wires on the TX is the easiest way or there are More expensive options they all add great things to the TX to do them. as for the battery Mod, the 1500 LiFe battery from Hobbyking ( orange one) is a excllent drop in replacement and is only $6 + postage .
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Postby mysterion8 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Thank you for your quick reply Malcurin.

I have been looking at different options and like the fact that these don't require soldering.

This one wont ship until the middle of July. They are taking orders now.
http://www.smartieparts.com/shop/index. ... cts_id=331

This one is ready to ship cost more but has a lot of future options, most of them I don't understand at present time.
http://www.ersky9x.net/

I'm just not sure which one is better for me. I'm thinking about trying FPV flying with the AXN plane.

Thanks again and all help is appreciated.
mysterion8

Postby Malcurin » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:18 am

i would go with the ersky9x board, a lot more options but you will have to make holes in your case or the options to be available from the outside, I have been following that board as it is being made and looks to be very promising i also have an AXN they are a sweet machine, just make sure you build it light especially i your planning to FPV from it, and the people as the 9x forums will be happy to help you with whatever help you will need also the maker of the board is there also and is willing to answer any questions you will have about it, the smartypants board maker is there also and will do the same,

thanks
Mike
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Postby mysterion8 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:32 am

Thanks Mike
I am leaning that way. Sent them an email waiting for a reply.
mysterion8

Postby Keith » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:34 am

mysterion8 wrote:Thanks Mike
I am leaning that way. Sent them an email waiting for a reply.

May take a few days.. They send emails as boards become available.. Took over a week for mine, that was the first batch so they maybe quicker now.. Expecting mine next week..
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Return to For Beginners (if you're just getting started in RC)