Spektrum DX6i Programming Air Brakes for F-27Q Stryker

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Spektrum DX6i Programming Air Brakes for F-27Q Stryker

Postby Hallmark » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:17 am

Here is a video I made for programming the Parkzone F-27Q Stryker with air brakes off the rudders.

You need to have the two 3" servo extension leads and have your radio already set up to fly the plane with elevon mixing activated. ;)

It is surprisingly easy to do and has the added bonus of being able to complete slower landings and some great slow motion stunts. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl7QhfmEfxE&feature=plcp

Please let me know if there's any other programming issues you'd like me to investigate and publish, I'm happy to do this. :)

I have to say that I included this video as a reply to the Parkzone tutorial for installing the leads and programming the DX7 and DX8, but it was either not allowed or taken down pretty fast. Perhaps they want to sell the 7s and 8s instead of having flyers with the 6i be able to do this? Just a guess, but seems strange not to put it there given many of the comments on that page were asking for the 6i programming details. :? :| :roll:

Enjoy...
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." Winston Churchill
Hallmark

Re: Spektrum DX6i Programming Air Brakes for F-27Q Stryker

Postby pldb64 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:05 am

HM,

Being the self-professed "tinkerer" that you are (intended as a compliment btw) ... i'm surprised you haven't gotten onto the T9X/FrSky band wagon yet :-). Install ER9X or Open9X firmware on that Tx and you'd think you'd died and gone to heaven!

I don't think i'd be overstating it too much to say - if you can think up a real life Tx/Rx scenario, it can be made to work on that little piece of wizardry! ... All for less than $100.

My $0.02 worth :-)
Peter
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

Return to Radios and Servos