2.4 Ghz Antenna Orentation!

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

2.4 Ghz Antenna Orentation!

Postby krisko76651 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:26 pm

What is the rule of thumb as to how the antenna should be? Straight out, 45 degree angle etc. Kris :ugeek:
krisko76651

Re: 2.4 Ghz Antenna Orentation!

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:31 pm

The only rule is that you should ensure you avoid pointing the transmitter antenna directly at the model.

Of course, having said that -- I was watching a guy fly FPV on the weekend and he was flying 2.5Kms away -- with the transmitter antenna pointed directly at the model and it all worked just fine (Turningy 9X with FrSky DIY).

In most cases, a decent 2.4GHz RC system has plenty of range in reserve so you shouldn't have to worry too much about where to point the transmitter antenna. I fly with mine straight out (not bent at all) but usually fly with the model to the left or the right of me -- rather than directly in front.

Remember -- if you *do* ever lose the RC link, hold your transmitter above your head with the antenna vertical -- that'll deliver optimum range. We used to have to do this back in the 1960's with our old long-wire sets from time to time.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Re: 2.4 Ghz Antenna Orentation!

Postby bmsweb » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:33 pm

RCModelReviews wrote: Remember -- if you *do* ever lose the RC link, hold your transmitter above your head with the antenna vertical -- that'll deliver optimum range. We used to have to do this back in the 1960's with our old long-wire sets from time to time.

You know I still can't believe how well this works . . great for FPV too :D
bmsweb

Return to Radios and Servos