SWMAC need us

If you've got a problem then you can ask here and either I or others will likely come to your rescue.

SWMAC need us

Postby cynr100 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:29 am

If you know anyone with the right knowledge/expertise to sort this out, now is the time to contact them............................PLEASE

http://www.aardvark.co.nz/swmac/
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Re: SWMAC need us

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:44 am

Let's wait and see what happens over the next couple of days.

They'll either come to their senses or they'll have a lot of explaining to do to a lot of people.

Our national model flying organisation (MFNZ) are the real culprits though -- they have made all sorts of seemingly false claims in respect to the SWMAC.

For example, they claimed that the CAA (or version of CASA or the FAA) had complained about the SWMAC and that they had reported "incidents" involving the club. When the TV reporters contacted CAA they said that no such complaints had been made by them but that MFNZ had gone to them in an attempt to solicit some kind of complaint from them.

WTF?

MFNZ is a body that *we* pay annual affiliation fees to and their job is to represent us -- not to pillory us and actively try and solicit complaints against us -- then, when those complaints aren't forthcoming -- lie about that fact.

We'll let the dust settle a little and approach the council again -- suggesting to them that since the airfield is virtually unused by full sized aviation, it should be designated primarily as a model-flying area -- with a view to attracting visitors from out of the district/country and perhaps encouraging the growth of model-related businesses here.

We'll see what happens but I do know that the local council had an "emergency meeting" today once the media knocked on their door.

If they've got half a clue they'll leap at the chance to actually leverage the airfield for some global promotion and to foster the presence of *growth* activities such as model flying rather than declining activities such as general aviation (which is increasingly becoming the domain of the rich).
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby bmsweb » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:21 am

Fingers crossed Bruce . . it would be really nice for once to see the right thing occur! It seems too often that the minority can bend the truth to suit their own personal agenda and get away with it.
bmsweb

Postby chrisjunkie » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:38 am

Loved your appearance Bruce. I love watching the videos and general fun antics (harmless antics!!) that go on at the SWMAC. I for one know I'd love to be able to regularly fly with you lot! I laugh heaps when watching the XJet videos - they're great value!

All the best with this!
chrisjunkie

Postby Malcurin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:52 am

http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1693&start=20 everything is mention from this page onwards if you guys are interested the news vid is also there
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Postby iflylilplanes » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:37 am

Bruce,
Fun is not the only four letter word in the eyes of governing associations. Here in Australia, Australian based suppliers of the goods we use in our fun have the ear of the governing association and have suggested the other four letter word is "HobbyKing". Even the Sydney HK store was victimized, the doors and locks were CA'ed at least 3 times that I know of. In the case of the SWMAC's Xjet videos the four letter word "HobbyKing" is possibly used far to many times and the appearance of a particular aircraft that is very prevalent in the videos as well may be pushing the local suppliers to have a word in the ear of the NZ association in question.
Me, I could not care less what the associations or the suppliers think. The hobby has over a number of years been so priced out of the hands of the every day sports flyer that HK has become a very welcome addition to the hobby, as to SWMAC and Xjet, I see them as victims of of parties with a vested interest in seeing HobbyKing discredited.
By the way I have watched almost all the Xjet videos and loved the entertainment value, although the tower crash video in my opinion was a little to far safety wise.
Many Thanks,

Dave W.

Dead Stick Glide Distance: Half the distance from the airplane to the nearest emergency landing field.
iflylilplanes

Return to Help Needed