Everyone please look at this

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Re: Everyone please look at this

Postby cynr100 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:15 am

Thanks Malcurin, the link worked.

I am horrified, after listening to the Council guy stumble over responses I can only conclude that something does stink, it is very unfortunate that even if everything is restored it will never be the same.

" A model um...crashed into a building and it was um... destroyed" , just wish my AXN looked that good at the moment.
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Malcurin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:18 am

Love Bruce's comment about the fun police :) has to be the best part of the whole video
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:24 am

Most importantly of all -- our national body got caught telling lies on national TV.

They said they had nothing to do with complaints but the guy from the local council said they did.

Who are you going to believe?

Well based on our dealings with the national body over recent weeks -- I would not be believing them at all and they got well and truly caught out.

Maybe it *is* time for a new national body for *all* model fliers (including parkfliers) here in NZ.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby cynr100 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:33 am

Oh my :o , the South Waikato Council web site is not available. Appears the Biomass (poo for the laymen) is getting deeper :shock: .
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby Malcurin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:35 am

I think it might be ...... makes me not want to join the Local club here when all they seam to do is not have fun, and Lie Openly on camera I fly because i have fun doing so, and yes I'm just doing Circuits ATM and the Odd loop and roll with My AXN but i do have fun.
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
Malcurin

Postby bmsweb » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:38 am

RCModelReviews wrote:Most importantly of all -- our national body got caught telling lies on national TV.

My biggest problem with this is they should be held personally accountable for their actions and they should be investigated! It is unprofessional behavior at the extreme! I'm hoping the individuals involved don't walk away from this scott-free! Let me put it this way I'm happy I don't fund your national body
bmsweb

Postby Malcurin » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:58 am

bmsweb wrote:
RCModelReviews wrote:Most importantly of all -- our national body got caught telling lies on national TV.

My biggest problem with this is they should be held personally accountable for their actions and they should be investigated! It is unprofessional behavior at the extreme! I'm hoping the individuals involved don't walk away from this scott-free! Let me put it this way I'm happy I don't fund your national body

Agree 100 %
Malcurin

Postby RCModelReviews » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:59 am

The MFNZ mailing list seems to have been put into "moderated" mode in the wake of the revelations of today. They clearly don't want anyone asking awkward questions.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby rogueqd » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:10 am

That's awful Bruce. I just went back and read this whole thread (something I must confess I don't often do) and the whole thing really sucks. Except that you got on national TV, but you're already an international YouTube star anyway.

Best wishes from Sydney and I hope you are all up and flying asap. Can you have a chat with the people who own the horse paddock across the back and get temporary permission to fly from there while this get's sorted out?
rogueqd

Postby pldb64 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:38 am

So Bruce, ... is it fair to say you're thinking up how you'd like your worldwide support base to support you?

I'm sure that you'd want a coordinated response to this nonsense.

I'm more than happy to write a letter of support to whomever or whereever you think it would do the most good.

Fundamentally, you're the primary reason i'm enjoying this hobby- so you certainly have my assistance in however it might help!

I do like the idea of using the paddock over the fence as roqueqd suggested. If not that, perhaps you can ask the go-kart or motorbike people if they'd let you fly out of their space when they are not using it (eg mid-week?)

Peter
Last edited by pldb64 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turnigy 9x, FrSky 2-Way/Telemetry DHT DIY, Smartieparts BRD, ER9x FW
AXN-Floater (stock esc, motor & prop, HK orange 9g servos)
pldb64

PreviousNext

Return to FPV