Everyone please look at this

To discuss all things relating to flying models via remote video

Re: Everyone please look at this

Postby Keith » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Well the new club will have two chances.... Sink or ...nah,,, you can finish it... GL..
If anyone is feeling a bit paranoid....BEHIND YOU....
Keith

Postby quarry44 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:31 pm

I have been told by a reliable source that AXN's are being used for "dogfighting" by several clubs.
Surely such an unsafe practice cannot be allowed to continue!Shut those hooligans down.
Let them spend their cash on safer pursuits,such as bungy jumping or cocaine snorting. :idea:
In the meantime,success with your "new" club,I hope it all comes together.Or am I misunderstanding,and was this a sarcastic dig at the powers that be?
quarry44

Postby RCModelReviews » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:43 pm

The club is forming a new entity, in incorporated society to be known as the "South Waikato International Modellers".

"Join the SWIM" would be a good pitch to those entering the hobby ;-)
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby bmsweb » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:45 pm

RCModelReviews wrote:"South Waikato International Modellers"

Sounds very impressive ;)
bmsweb

Postby rogueqd » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:48 am

Sorry for my ignorance, but why does SWIM need to send their rules to MFNZ? Can't they register directly with CAA or just get independent insurance and remain as an independent entity? Or even better register with an international body instead of a local NZ one?
rogueqd

Postby lesterpk » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:54 am

Its because of CAA rules to fly within 4km of an aerodrome in NZ. You cannot fly within 4km of an airfield in NZ unless (from CAA rule Pt101- "the person is the holder of, or is under the direct
supervision of the holder of, a pilot qualification issued by a model aircraft association approved by the Director" and at present the MFNZ is the only approved organisation.
If the club could find a new field 4km from any aerodrome and stay below 400ft, and fly models weighging less than 15kg then you dont need MFNZ.
lesterpk

Postby RCModelReviews » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:28 am

Note that I have such a pilot qualification so if we wanted, we could still fly within 4Kms of the airfield, so long as those flying were under my immediate supervision. -- of course you still need the approval of the airfield operator.

Moves to turn the field into an international model park are moving along at a SWIMming pace -- with around $13,000 dollars having been pledged from all over the world -- including some NZers. Note that we have not solicited any pledges, these are totally unsolicited and have been offered by modelers from all over the world who are keen as beans to see such a facility developed at the Tokoroa field.

This would be a massive boost for model flying in this country.

I am surprised that MFNZ haven't voiced any support for this initiative -- well actually, I'm not so surprised at all.

If MFNZ don't want to be involved that's fine -- we'll simply set up an entity that runs the facility and insurance to cover all who might wish to fly there -- regardless of whether they're already MFNZ members or not.

Interestingly enough -- there is far more support from outside the ranks of MFNZ members than from within.

I find that really rather sad.
RCModelReviews.com, just the facts.
RCModelReviews

Postby rogueqd » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:35 am

Well Bruce, you have upset the status quo a little bit, and we can't have that now can we. All you young blokes wanting to come along and do things differently, with your electronic foam planes and your radios with short antennas. No good will come of it I tell you! Back in my grandfathers day people respected the way their grandfathers grandfather had always done things and didn't try to add all this fancy new technomabubble to the tried and trusted ways. Planes are for circuits Bruce, circuits. This "fun" you keep going on about, do you really think that people want "fun"? They want routine, predictibility, and if they have dreams of "fun" just send them round to their local MFNZ affiliate, we'll bore the fun out of them quick smart.

Eddie (hehehe)
rogueqd

Postby cynr100 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:45 am

I'm on my damn sick bed again :roll: so have been trolling around the net. Looks like the Jet guys are going to start their own club based at Tokoroa WTF. The smell is back.

One can only hope that MFNZ's AGM (this month??) have a change in leadership or a riot among members, because if the Jet guys get their way nothing will stop other clubs being white anted.

The SWIM blokes must be getting tired and fed up by now, you can only carry enthusiasm without result for so long.

I am going to suggest to all followers of SWIM/SWMAC and it's members (you know the ones that entertained you, amused you and informed you) to contact the South Waikato District Council and plead your case for allowing SWIM unfetted access to the Tokoroa field, in any eventuality it will be the Council who decide who they give access too. If you go to their web site they have a monthly newsletter, surprisingly this contains the names and emails of all sitting members of the Council, that's a hint/clue BUT be nice and be short. If you plan on having a Tokoroa holiday because of SWIM say so BUT only if you really intend to, that would make it a politican promise and we know they don't work.
Nothing gets action faster in local government than starting at the top, Councillors think they know what is going on but the truth is entirely different.

Dennis
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby FlyingTiger » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:16 am

Anything happening on this front lately? It's been 5 days since the last post and I'm left wondering how things are going for the boys of Tokoroa? Even though I'm on the other side of the world, I feel a bond with the folks I've watching and enjoying for so long.
Gear up and locked!
FlyingTiger

PreviousNext

Return to FPV