flyskyfs-th9x

Problems, experiences or just something to say about RC gear? Say it here.

Re: flyskyfs-th9x

Postby pengonator » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:05 am

Thanks "Malcurin" for your reply. It is just the case that there is a hole instead of a plugged in module. Is anyone out there who has a empty module plastic case or is there a shop where i can buy a empty module-case for some bugs.

It's my intention to upgrade to er9x. I already visited the er9x homepage. That is why i decided for a
2-way DIY module. er9x is able to work with telemetry and a bunch of additional features.

A hint for you is to find a shop directly in china over alibaba. I did it and i'm pleased with it. It is boring to wait for the turnigy 9x at hobbyking. I paid 80 US$ incl. shipping to the hotel where my friend resides for his buisines-trip. If you are interested, i can pass you my contact from the chines shop or look yourself at http://www.alibaba.com/ .

I ordered at FrSky also 2 6-channel 2-way receivers D6FR for my first planes. Is there an other option to get the AXN Floater as to buy it at hobbyking? In Germany there is just one option at hobbyking to get the AXN. It comes without outrunner-motor, ESC and servos. Just the complete airframe (fuselage and wings). I think that is a brilliant starter-plane. If something goes wrong it cost you not a lot. And as I saw on the xjet youtube channel it make a lot of fun.
pengonator

Postby pengonator » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:08 am

BillGriffiths100 wrote:
Does the soldering work with 1k Ohm resistor for the trainer-port for this revision even the cable-
soldering for the firmware-upgrade for "er9x" for the transmitter?

I'm pretty sure that the current frsky internal conversion modules have the resistor built in, but I think your main question is what to do with the hole that will be left in the back of the TX where flysky module went.
In the original conversion the contents of the flysky module were removed and it was placed back to fill the gap.
You'll have to decide if you want to keep the module or sacrifice it to fill the hole, if not an old JR type 35MHz or 72MHz module could be emptied and used.

That is my problem. I have no spare-case to fill the hole on th back of the transmitter.
pengonator

Postby pengonator » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:17 am

But by the way i want to send you my compliments and first of all to Bruce. This here is the best way to get useful information around RC-flying. No marketing blabla. just facts. I visited a lot of sites an forums also in Germany. But these guys a prayer for Futuba, Spektrum and Co.

And here is also a place where you get help from the comunity, great.

THANKS
Roman
pengonator

Postby Malcurin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:52 am

Stolen from the 9x forums :)

Xtreme Power Systems XPS-J1 case:
http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/proddetail.php?prod=XPS-J1CASE

Spektrum:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/integrated-case-for-jr-compatible-air-module-SPM6817

JR (available from several sources, no antenna mount):
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/transmitter-module-case-z-1-JRPA615

Also don't do the 1kohm resister mod, the new ER9x firmware has it in there already, its called PPMSim as an option on the Model and also in the main options for the firmware ( need to turn them both to on for it to work for that model )

as for the AXN yeah there are other places to get it from but none as cheap as Hobbyking even with the postage I got mine from there in the end
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
AXN with 6x4 prop .... AWESOME!!!!!!!
Canterbury Sailplanes Jazz 60 and Eraser 60
Dyna-flight Butterfly ( under construction )
Malcurin

Postby pengonator » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:16 pm

:D Thanks "Malcurin", this is just very fast your response. The JR transmitter module case is a great option at a reasonable price.
On the 1k Ohm problem of the old TH9x I’ll have an eye on the er9x page. You are right to look for information’s. Some minutes
reading can save a lot of money. A good hint ;)
pengonator

Postby Malcurin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:38 pm

I have read that entire forum almost hehehe thats why i knew where to go, they have been around for ages i dont mine stealing from there posts :P
Turnigy 9x with ER9X and back light FrSky DHT 8ch DIY, FLD-02 Telemetry Display Screen
Malcurin

Postby cynr100 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Thanks Malcurin & Bill, just hope I haven't burnt up Romans money with wrong info :P
Not enough time in the day for all my crazy ideas, I'm not slow, I'm just pacing myself
cynr100

Postby pengonator » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:41 am

cynr100 wrote:Thanks Malcurin & Bill, just hope I haven't burnt up Romans money with wrong info :P

No Dennis, you didn't burned my money :lol: i'm not sitting at my PC with a heated soldering iron :lol:
I will take my time by "tuning" my TH0B.

Here my contact "Shenzhen Jingxinhong Tech.Dev.Co.,Ltd" where i bought my FlySky TH9B.

LuengCindy <rcmodelpart3@hotmail.com>

This company was very helpful and will give a better quote when you will order more than 1 box. They have the box
in stock not like Hobbking in backorder. I'm deciding to sell this transmitter-set here in Germany with a
conversion to FrSky but with a pluggable module on the back including reflashing to er9x. But after expiriences
with my own transmitter. Here in Germany there is just one option to get the transmitter. This company is named
jamara (http://www.jamara.com) and the FlySky/Turnigy 9x is called there AirJump but for a bargain of US$ 288 FOR 1 BOX.
Germany seems to be a country where people are happy by paying a higher price.
pengonator

Postby pengonator » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:15 am

Thanks Malcurin for your links regarrding a module-cover. The JR cover is a good idea for just 6 bugs
but Horizon Hobby ships it just from the US, it is not available in Germany. The shipping will cost me
US$ 70. So i try to get it here in Germany even it is a bit more expensive or i will do a search on the net. :cry:
pengonator

Postby Malcurin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:26 am

$70 for it... omg what id do in that case is carefully remove the stuff from inside the one you got now and use that
Malcurin

PreviousNext

Return to Radios and Servos